New Microsoft device?

peterw1000

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Dan, If Microsoft aren't making a new smartphone why don't they just come out and say it, then we could all choose a new phone and get on with our lives. The fact they aren't saying anything tells me they are up to something, but if they wait too long we'll all have 2 year contracts when their new device appears, and they will have missed the boat. All it needs is a yes or no "we are/not going to do what you all call a smart device".

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Seeing how they are completely killing their own mobile OS in both support and public perception, I think it's pretty safe to say that there will be no new smartphone from MS. Honestly, I really liked Windows Phone/Mobile, and hoped that they would have continued to push their way into the mobile market. Now, however, I wish they'd just make an Android phone with a unique Microsoft skin on it and call it a day. 👍

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Have been wondering this for a while. A simple yes or no is what I've been waiting on too. I guess it's not a yes but a kind of. They will bring a device that is mobile that will not be defined by todays mobile phone standards. That is all we know. In other words an ultimate/ultra mobile device as stated in the past. So I suppose Microsoft has stated if it makes a mobile device it won't be what we are currently seeing defined as a bar phone.

Last edited:

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The fact they aren't saying anything tells me they are up to something

They never announced the cancellation of the Zune, the Kin or the Surface RT.
Microsoft simply doesn't announce they'll stop doing a certain device or type of device.
Honest advice: forget the "Surface phone" or anything remotely similar to a smartphone. Microsoft will NOT do it. THAT Nadella has already said explicitly.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Mainstream support for Windows 10 Mobile ends Jan, 2018.
This is nothing new. Microsoft announced this in Dec, 2015.
Don't know what you are looking for.

TH1/2 I believe end at the end of this year. RS1/RS2 end in 2019. So yes the clock is ticking. Honestly the only viable choice right now for a carrier device running Windows 10 Mobile is the Elite X3 or 950/950 XL. I honestly still use my 1520, and for some reason that phone runs just as good as the 950 XL does with the current build.

peterw1000

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I remember watching the Surface book reveal, that came out of the blue? so did the Surface Studio, so MS are good at keeping things under wraps until they are ready, which is the really infuriating bit. My 1520 is still going strong after 3+ years but it won't last for every and I don't want to jump into IOS or Android just yet. Just give us a clue! I know some will say MS has screwed over it's customers and don't want the business but a company that big will have a strategy but it might not be what us few phone users want. It's time to move forward with new tech, that's why we are on this site I assume? HoloPC, SurfaceMobile.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
I remember watching the Surface book reveal, that came out of the blue? so did the Surface Studio, so MS are good at keeping things under wraps until they are ready, which is the really infuriating bit. My 1520 is still going strong after 3+ years but it won't last for every and I don't want to jump into IOS or Android just yet. Just give us a clue! I know some will say MS has screwed over it's customers and don't want the business but a company that big will have a strategy but it might not be what us few phone users want. It's time to move forward with new tech, that's why we are on this site I assume? HoloPC, SurfaceMobile.

In all honesty, if what I've seen in the past few years can be construed as "Microsoft's Strategy" then I personally don't want any part of it. And like you said "it's time to move forward" which is something Microsoft seems to be doing little of.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2