Windows 10 Mobile Problems....

Scott McBurney

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I understand that Windows 10 Mobile is no longer a priority for Microsoft. But I have a Lumia 950, running the latest insider build. They still are supporting the OS for another year or two with bug fixes and security fixes.

So why is it that things like Skype and Email/Account settings are SO BADLY BROKEN right now and have been for a long time? Do they no longer test their own apps on Win10 Mobile?

For example, outlook.com and office365/exchange email accounts - you CANNOT go into settings to change sync settings or to even remove or rename an account. The only thing you can do is to uninstall Outlook mail & calendar, reinstall it, and set up all of your accounts again with different settings. This has a LOT of feedback on the feedback hub, and even though they keep releasing updates to the mail & calendar app, this is STILL BROKEN.

Skype is the same way, for at least a month now it has been horribly broken (and has huge feedback on the feedback hub) - mark a message chain read, and a minute later it is unread again - notifications no longer show the contact name, but only the phone number - it is HORRIBLY slow trying to sync up sms messages, and seems to want to resync quite often.

I love my Lumia 950, and don't want to get rid of it, but MS is pushing out really bad software and they really don't seem to care. This really is frustrating to me as a user, but even more frustrating because I'm a software developer. As I developer, I strive to put out the highest quality software. I would be fired where I work if I had released the latest version of Skype or the Mail & Calendar app. And of course, this is why we also have thorough QA testing (not done by developers) to make sure things like that don't get released.

And if they really want us to stop using Win10 Mobile, then they should pay me back the $550 I spent on this phone almost 2 years ago.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
It's the Microsoft way, once a product is deemed low priority it gets little if any attention and when its a product they clearly loathe like W10M you'd be lucky if they even acknowledge it.

Sent from mTalk

easyshopy

Dec 6, 2017
Visit site
Window phone are gone, I dont think window phone could ever compete with android phones. I used lumia window phone but has got soo many problem that I had to switch to android. Its my experience

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I understand that Windows 10 Mobile is no longer a priority for Microsoft. But I have a Lumia 950, running the latest insider build. They still are supporting the OS for another year or two with bug fixes and security fixes.

So why is it that things like Skype and Email/Account settings are SO BADLY BROKEN right now and have been for a long time? Do they no longer test their own apps on Win10 Mobile?

For example, outlook.com and office365/exchange email accounts - you CANNOT go into settings to change sync settings or to even remove or rename an account. The only thing you can do is to uninstall Outlook mail & calendar, reinstall it, and set up all of your accounts again with different settings. This has a LOT of feedback on the feedback hub, and even though they keep releasing updates to the mail & calendar app, this is STILL BROKEN.

Skype is the same way, for at least a month now it has been horribly broken (and has huge feedback on the feedback hub) - mark a message chain read, and a minute later it is unread again - notifications no longer show the contact name, but only the phone number - it is HORRIBLY slow trying to sync up sms messages, and seems to want to resync quite often.

I love my Lumia 950, and don't want to get rid of it, but MS is pushing out really bad software and they really don't seem to care. This really is frustrating to me as a user, but even more frustrating because I'm a software developer. As I developer, I strive to put out the highest quality software. I would be fired where I work if I had released the latest version of Skype or the Mail & Calendar app. And of course, this is why we also have thorough QA testing (not done by developers) to make sure things like that don't get released.

And if they really want us to stop using Win10 Mobile, then they should pay me back the $550 I spent on this phone almost 2 years ago.

It is customary BS that MS spews about supporting their OS for next 2 yrs, once they lose interest it is as good as dead, I've seen some hardcore fans defend MS by saying the OS is not dead as it gets updates, but this is how MS killed win 7.5, 8.1 and now 10m, worst part is they don't even acknowledge.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
To the OP, I ended up doing a "reset my phone" the other day because the screen rotation and bluetooth issues got the best of me. That seemed to remedy my issues. I just have to reload apps and do some login stuff.
I do not use Outlook.com; I use Yahoo and Gmail. Maybe those will work better for you? If switching isn't too much trouble.

Rowdy Bedsaul

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
iPhone though, I'm afraid more than your wallet will regret that. They are very expensive phones and they really do software break them after two years. Most of my friends had iPhone 6's and said they weren't getting a new one till it was broke because the 7 and 8 and 10 all were not worth the upgrade, but know they all caved after the last couple of updates. I even tried to use their phone and I thought they were totally useless and I love old tech and can be very forgiving. But of all them only one stuck with apple and got the 8.
All these are pretty techy guys and gals though, I would still recommend iPhone for anyone that has more money than smarts.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
iPhone though, I'm afraid more than your wallet will regret that. They are very expensive phones and they really do software break them after two years. Most of my friends had iPhone 6's and said they weren't getting a new one till it was broke because the 7 and 8 and 10 all were not worth the upgrade, but know they all caved after the last couple of updates. I even tried to use their phone and I thought they were totally useless and I love old tech and can be very forgiving. But of all them only one stuck with apple and got the 8.
All these are pretty techy guys and gals though, I would still recommend iPhone for anyone that has more money than smarts.

If true, your friends are not representative of the general population. iPhone sales continue to be strong. Not because people aren’t smart, but because the product performs well.

There are still people like who like “old tech” as you say, but technology is improving daily and most people like that. Enjoy your “old tech”, but I find interesting people who do find the need to knock the new tech.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
For example, outlook.com and office365/exchange email accounts - you CANNOT go into settings to change sync settings or to even remove or rename an account. The only thing you can do is to uninstall Outlook mail & calendar, reinstall it, and set up all of your accounts again with different settings.
Are you looking in the right place? I've done it literally hundreds of times.

wp_ss_20171220_0001.jpg

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Was there no answer to this?? I can't find what the latest fast ring version is. I've got 15254.16. Messaging app started having problems a few days ago and I can't find out if there was an update within the last week or so. Prior to that the phone was randomly shutting down.
Text issues began with opening the app and under list one contact would show several conversations. When you opened it, the real conversation and contact showed.
Next came "10 recipients" when there was only one in the conversation.
The last couple of days the notification ringer for an incoming text died. If I'm not looking at my phone I miss it.
2 days ago there started to be a 6 hour delay and I'd get several texts sent at 1:15 but arrived at 7:15.
Finally, (dear God please help me) I've lost the microphone for voice text. It's simply missing. Swipe still works.
So it's getting worse every day. Update was last checked an hour ago, but is 15254.16 what anyone else has?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234