Surface Phone (A computing device with telephonic capabilities ), Will it have great camera?

Prometheus2021

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Most likely it will. There is no doubt that MS is working on a pocket pc, the "Surface Phone". It might not be like the 40MP camera of the Lumia 1020, but it will definitely be something usable, specially since cellphone photography is becoming more, and more prominent now a days. At the very least an upgraded Lumia 950XL camera or something of that sort. Remember MS is focusing on the next "It' thing, and a great camera would be part of it.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
These type of post are "Fake News" there will never be another phone from Microsoft!
@ITMedCEO, I saw that you had a similar statement on another thread...I am curious to know why you are so confident; is this your 'option' derived at through your MSCE experience, or a 'fact' obtained through the same? Your insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

justjun555

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
camera that is as good or close to latest iphone or galaxy will be good enough.
for "surface phone" to become hit it needs to make a mark as superior device for productivity,note taking & annotation,usability as small tablet,powerful continuum like feature with portable docks,Xbox exclusive features etc.
and remember Microsoft is not the only company that will make foldable phone.Samsung,LG,apple etc. everybody will jump on foldable phones bandwagon in the same time frame so it is important for Microsoft to make mark in consumers space at first attempt.

Last edited:

anon(10324754)

Sep 24, 2017
Visit site
camera that is as good or close to latest iphone or galaxy will be good enough.
for "surface phone" to become hit it needs to make a mark as superior device for productivity,note taking & annotation,usability as small tablet,powerful continuum like feature with portable docks,Xbox exclusive features etc.
and remember Microsoft is not the only company that will make foldable phone.Samsung,LG,apple etc. everybody will jump on foldable phones bandwagon in the same time frame so it is important for Microsoft to make mark in consumers space at first attempt.

Samsung has already won the battle. People will be lining up to buy it in the hundreds of thousands. IMO, this doesn't necessarily mean the MSFT mobile device won't be a cracker. I will probably end up getting it in one of it's later generations if it materialises. Mainly because I don't think the first generation with have good camera specs.