Can we expect Surface phone on MWC 2018? If no,then when can we expect?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Not even sure the "surface phone" has even been confirmed to be a reality. I do believe ARM devices will come out in 2018 (some are calling those the Surface Phone) and its my uneducated guess they will surface in late 2018.

jrealtor1

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

Not sure if it really matters. After the latest pull back from MS I wouldn't count on anything consistent from Redmond and even if they announce something I for one would not invest any money toward it. I need a product that I know will be supported at least for a few years and not be pulled at the first sign of investor grumblings.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Nah, MS don't do phones anymore. Anyway, such a device (if successful... I know, but if...) would just undermine sales of the Surface not-Phone which should be coming out at the end of the year and that's also likely to be foldable. Personally I'm sick of smart phones (being a Windows Phone survivor) and won't be buying any more of them. I'm waiting for the not-Phones to come out and then dumping my smart phone. I might grab a dumb phone, but never a smart phone again.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

I would think MSFT wouldn't want to unveil the much rumored foldable device anywhere near an event that would compare it to existing mobile phones, so I don't see them bringing it out at MWC. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't hint at something revolutionary coming at MWC and would have full disclosure at a MSFT specific event. This would give them the ability to have a better idea who would be in attendance and therefore cater more to them. I would expect a more enterprise centric audience as that has always been the focus of this new foldable endeavor. Still I think this is at least nine months away from happening. MSFT is still entrenching themselves in services they provide through other manufacturers. People want to get frustrated because MSFT seems to be more interested in providing services to Android and iOS, well I think it will begin to make sense when it's all said and done.

OMG55

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I understand your point of view on the matter, understand what you're saying, but I'm an IT Director in enterprise and lack of effort, no marketing, and their treatment of OEM has really impacted enterprise more than Satya, Terry, and Joe want you to believe. I for one am very skeptical and cautious about investing/purchasing anything the Microsoft introduces these days including surface products; I'm usually an early purchaser of these products, but not any more.

bleached

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Nah, MS don't do phones anymore. Anyway, such a device (if successful... I know, but if...) would just undermine sales of the Surface not-Phone which should be coming out at the end of the year and that's also likely to be foldable. Personally I'm sick of smart phones (being a Windows Phone survivor) and won't be buying any more of them. I'm waiting for the not-Phones to come out and then dumping my smart phone. I might grab a dumb phone, but never a smart phone again.

Semantics.

Ron Gramann

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft has to time this hypothetical "Surface Phone" just right. Other phone manufacturers are also working on a foldable device. They could have a great device that gets overshadowed by a more mainstream competitor.

Dono Newcomb

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I think you have to be wary not to call it a Surface Phone, many on these forums are sensitive to that name, but a lot of us understand that you are simply talking about the next Microsoft Device that can be used to make calls along with other functions.
I think it is completely irrational to think Microsoft is not going to develop a Mobile device OS of some kind just because a some people interpreted their halt on further development on a particular Mobile OS as their abandonment of ALL Mobile endeavors. I almost fell into that line of thinking myself, but there were a few articles written around this community that helped me see that I might be jumping the gun. So again, we are going to have to be patient and try not to fall victim to negative campaigning.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
who knows, its not like they have a lot of time if they want UWP to ever have a chance of success and a new category defining device to back it up, if they dont do it this year, it will be too little too late relative to samsung and co. offerings, which you can be damn sure are coming

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)