Can we expect Surface phone on MWC 2018? If no,then when can we expect?

Mani Malekizadeh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I think Microsoft will start rolling out surface phone with new SD CPU in third quarter of 2018 with windows 10 1809 OS that is fully ready for CShell and Continuum. Surface is included in the name of the device.

Inconspicuous_Reno

Jan 12, 2018
Visit site
No Surface phone.

I expect them to push further into Android devices, and to extol their new "always connected" laptop (tablet?) devices. Especially now that they have carriers (Verizon & Sprint I believe).

If you're right and they have Verizon and Sprint only, then they're doomed from the start. They're CDMA networks and the phone (device) would only work in the US. I just can't see that happening.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Aside from some on this forum, no one actually cares anymore, they have burnt thier bridges with developers, fans and the community 3 too many times. Once bitten twice shy, they keep on biting. They can now bite my ***.

RainbowHurricane

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Not going to happen in any way. They had the same problem as before. The lack of web apps and developers (i.e. young developers making the apps young people want - young people drive phone sales). Not only is windows mobile dead but Windows is dead too. Its just a matter of time for the desktop to be replaced by iOS and Chrome. Fortunately MS is lucky that Apple is taking their time with the evolution of iOS. Once APPL adds mouse support to iOS it will be over. Apple's A11 processors in the iPad are about as powerful as an intel i7 now for mobile. Unfortunately MS didn't begin creating their own chips for Mobile 15 years ago.

Hirox K

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I'd grab a win-not-phone and throw away my Nexus as well, tbh.
Nothing's new in smart phone space nowadays. I don't install anything new except a few games and I'd rather play / continue playing some XPA indie games with gamepad support.

Prob the end of 2018, not MWC 2018.

djack10

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Can we expect Surface phone on MWC 2018? If no,then when can we expect?

In short "Never", dispite what people think might happen it won't. The patents are registered for licence purposes. So Microsoft can sit back and do nothing and make money on IP. Pretty much the same as they do now with other phone based tech.

Microsoft are very adept as taking something really good and stuffing it right up. The have leard from that and licked their wounds and are now moving on with that firmly in mind.

Stev Ballmer was an ***** for some of the stuff he did. Satya would much rather prefer being remembered for doing nothing that for doing something stupid. There will be no more risk taking at Microsoft. Microsoft are saying nothing because thet have nothing.

If a new "windows phone" come out of Microsoft anytime soon I will eat my hat.

Dono Newcomb

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Just a thought, wouldn't it be interesting if MS did name their new device in the "Surface" Lineup and it did do everything we hoped it will do. I wonder if that would affect some of the more hostile users, like people who make accounts just post negative things about anything Microsoft.

Mikado_Wu

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I do not think they will either. 1. They want their own event. 2. They have nothing special to bring to the market with it. 3. How long do we have left with Windows 10, if less then 2 years, they would again **** everyone off by changing it again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans