Microsoft Display Dock to be used as a Surface Book 2 hub?

pr0phecy

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey Daniel what's up?

I've googled my arse off trying to find an answer to my question, apparently nobody seems to have tried this...

So I'm wondering if there is any way to use the Microsoft Display Dock (originally used for Continuum with a Lumia 950) with a Surface Book 2 as a USB/display hub?
My idea is to place it at my work place with mouse, keyboard, and monitor attached. And when I bring my Book 2 to work I just have to plug only one cable to get started with second screen and peripherals ready.

I know about the Surface Dock, but that thing is insanely expensive for me (and for what is does). The Display Dock is very cheap to get these days. And since the Book 2 now has a USB-C port, was wondering I could use this to connect the Display Dock to. Power is not an issue, I always carry my Surface Book 2 power brick with me.

Thanks in advance for the info Daniel, would be so grateful if you could answer this for me as I can't seem to find anybody on the internet who has tried this.

Best regards.

pr0phecy

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, now I know I don't need it anymore because my screen is an ultrawide one with 3440x1440 resolution. Thanks so much for this info as I could not find any info about this on the internet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99