03-09-2018 08:25 PM
61 123
tools
    Is it smart to buy an Android phone now that Microsoft's new device is around the corner?
    Especially if you're a Windows mobile phone fan. Why would you get an Android phone now if.you've stuck in there this long what's a few more months. If the device is canceled or delayed indefinitely I'm sure your current phone will still be just as usable in a few months as it is today..
    Just asking
    I've owned and used nothing other than Windows on mobile since it was called Pocket Pc Os. I've waited since 2003 for the device type that Andromeda is claiming to be. I think I can hold out a bit longer lol. I snagged a steal on an Elite x3 with the desk dock and lapdock back in December and I'm totally loving it! I think it's a good holdover for another few months to a year.
    02-09-2018 01:19 AM
    I'm so glad that my usage in mobile pre dates the whole app craze. I literally don't care much about it. Having said that pwa's are right around the corner for when it does start to matter.
    sporosarcina likes this.
    02-09-2018 02:35 AM
    I am going to wait for the MS Vapor Phone!
    It's going to be super fast, have all the apps, never need upgrading, does my job for me, flies me to the moon and back and also the phone assistant integration is so good, I am becoming a rapper doing duets with Cortana.
    02-10-2018 05:42 PM
    flies me to the moon and back
    Featuring the newest, most advanced personal assistant yet!

Elon

by Musk.
    Laura Knotek and fatclue_98 like this.
    02-11-2018 05:36 PM
    I have always said HTC and then I went to LG G 6 then I'm definitely waiting March April to see what happens
    02-12-2018 05:32 PM
    Depends if you value privacy or not.
    02-12-2018 09:37 PM
    I've been in the "using my 950XL till it dies" family and wait to see what Andromeda is all about, if it gets revealed late 2018- early 2019.

But, recently I've been struggling with being disillusioned by Microsoft's full blown lacklustre moves in any consumer field.

I also 'thought' that VoWiFi was already built into Windows Mobile 10, but when I needed to use it I couldn't find it. I fear that Microsoft really has lost its way in so many of these markets now it is going to be a long time before they even come close to getting to a reasonable baseline to be accepted into the Mobile industry/market again.

The thought of juggling all my contacts from one platform to another and lose the investment I've made into purchasing apps etc for Windows Mobile and to go Android (I'm certain this is my only choice), is quite depressing TBH.

I'll be moving to Android once I can afford to get a handset that is compatible with Wireless calling for my carrier in Australia. If the Andromeda device does reveal itself to the world in a few months I'll certainly take note but I'm done with being an early adopter when it comes to MS products any more.
    03-08-2018 08:40 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if MS new mobile devices run Android.
    03-09-2018 10:57 AM
    Microsofts new device is around the Corner does not mean the same thing as the iPhone 9 is around the corner or the Galaxy S9 is around the corner. We know those two devices are coming, we know what they will be, and we know when. With Microsoft's new device, we don't know what it will be, when it will be coming, or even if it is coming for sure.

Based on this, nobody here can intelligently answer your question. If you think the new device is worth waiting for, then by all means, wait! Otherwise, you might as well move on.

What if you wait on the Microsoft's new device, and it turns out to be something that you cannot conveniently carry in your pocket? In that case, it won't replace a smartphone. Or it may be priced out of the picture for most consumers. In my opinion, there are too many unknowns to hold out because of what I hope it will be, although I am looking forward to it.

That is my 2¢.
    03-09-2018 11:21 AM
    Microsofts new device is around the Corner does not mean the same thing as the iPhone 9 is around the corner or the Galaxy S9 is around the corner. We know those two devices are coming, we know what they will be, and we know when. With Microsoft's new device, we don't know what it will be, when it will be coming, or even if it is coming for sure.

Based on this, nobody here can intelligently answer your question. If you think the new device is worth waiting for, then by all means, wait! Otherwise, you might as well move on.

What if you wait on the Microsoft's new device, and it turns out to be something that you cannot conveniently carry in your pocket? In that case, it won't replace a smartphone. Or it may be priced out of the picture for most consumers. In my opinion, there are too many unknowns to hold out because of what I hope it will be, although I am looking forward to it.

That is my 2¢.
    I'll be on the lookout but not for a primary device. Microsoft just ditched Windows 10 S. My take is that the WoA wet dream isn't going very well. Pity those poor souls that bought the new laptops around Christmas.
    tgp, TgeekB, Elky64 and 1 others like this.
    03-09-2018 07:49 PM
    I'll be on the lookout but not for a primary device. Microsoft just ditched Windows 10 S. My take is that the WoA wet dream isn't going very well. Pity those poor souls that bought the new laptops around Christmas.
    This.
    If you’re going to put all your eggs in the MS basket, you better be prepared for some cracked eggs. Nothing wrong with watching from the sidelines but I’m sure as he** not jumping in the pool without making sure there’s water in it first.
    03-09-2018 08:25 PM
61 123