Are we one lawsuit away from a one smartphone OS world?

Robewms

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
With Microsoft slowly backing out of the smart phone market and incidents like Apples slow down tampering are we really that close to a one Smartphone OS choice, what if apple or android was was sued and dismantled for some similar reason.
if you look at the big picture no other company is even close to the far third place Microsoft in terms of OS ,developers and Apps. I think its almost impossible for another smartphone OS to emerge in this day and age .
How have we gotten to just two choices of phone types now just android or iPhone..
. And there was one

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
It's highly unlikely but not out of the realm of possibility. Let's suppose the Apple thing picked up steam and users left in droves causing a panic in Cupertino. Where would they go? It's not like there's a lefty closer warming up in the bullpen. Apple's profits are so tied to the iPhone that even a small dip in consumer confidence could put a serious hurtin' on them but I don't think it's enough. It'll be a two-horse race for the foreseeable future no doubt, unless Microsoft pulls their heads out of their collective a$$es.

HeadUpAss.jpg

Old_Mil

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
We are getting closer to the one OS smartphone world with each passing year. Apple's dismal sales of the iPhone X indicate that android has matured to the point that Apple can no longer charge the same premium it did for the iPhone five years ago.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
We are getting closer to the one OS smartphone world with each passing year.

We've had essentially a one OS desktop world for many years. We're fine there. And I'm certain we'll be fine with mobile for years to come, whatever happens.

Apple's dismal sales of the iPhone X indicate that android has matured to the point that Apple can no longer charge the same premium it did for the iPhone five years ago.

iPhone X sales are far from dismal. They're just not quite what Apple seemed to think they'd be. The 8/8+ are selling great. Apple is doing quite well.

Hirox K

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
The web is the OS of the future.
With web apps, can you compress & store all your resources in the HDD then load & unpack later when you need it?
Imagine you'd have to store a full game and all its resources into your memory...

I agree web will take over a big part of our daily operation in business & general purpose but gaming (or any operation that needs SPEED)...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077