Cortana on Android, speech to text, text messaging over bluetooth?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Dan,

Do you think Microsoft will eventually enable the Android version of Cortana to "Read incoming text messages aloud" and let us verbally respond to the messages via Bluetooth or wired headsets (like in Windows Mobile)?

If not, have you found a solid Android app that has the same functionality? I have found and tried several apps that sound like they provide similar functionality, but none I've tried so far work as well as Cortana on Windows Mobile.

To be honest, this is one of the major features that keeps me on Windows Mobile as my primary phone. I get more text messages while I'm driving or riding my motorcycle for some reason, and I really need the ability to do hands free texting via Bluetooth.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Or... You know...

You could get in the much safer habit of not responding to your phone while driving. Even "hands free" is a distraction. Studies show that it takes your attention away from where you are and what you are doing (driving!) as your mind starts picturing the person you're "speaking with," where they are and what they might be doing. It places your attention with that other person and not on the road.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=hands...g=C1A6EB8ABB659&form=CONBDF&conlogo=CT3210127

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3