Live Tiles in Andromeda

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
#AskDan

Will the upcoming Andromeda foldable phablet use the now seven-years-old live tiles interface or will Microsoft opt for a different UI?

Cheers

Last edited:

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Who knows!

Tiles are still central to Windows 10 so it would be odd to totally change the experience, especially if it supports any Continuum mode.

My guess is it will be similar to the mobile menu or desktop tablet mode menu.

edit: I see this is in Ask Dan!! My answer remains but perhaps he'll let you know his thoughts too!

rodneyej

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Do I want live tiles in Andromeda? I have ten answers for that question.
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. Yes
8. Yes
9. Yes
And 10. You guessed it; I'm thinking yes.

njikoka noel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Who knows!

Tiles are still central to Windows 10 so it would be odd to totally change the experience, especially if it supports any Continuum mode.

My guess is it will be similar to the mobile menu or desktop tablet mode menu.

edit: I see this is in Ask Dan!! My answer remains but perhaps he'll let you know his thoughts too!

I want live tiles on everything so that would be a yes for me

kingtigre

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes.

My start screen (I use the full screen start menu) is a carefully orchestrated arrangement of tiles that make simply glancing at my start screen an informational buffet saving me time and effort day after day.

AdamInTx

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes and No. I absolutely think they should be an option but I also think they should allow them to be turned off for users who don't like them. Personally I don't like them at all and on both my old Windows Phones and on my desktops I would have to always make my tiles the smallest setting since that was the only way to turn off the "live" part of it most of the time.

ODwyerPW

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I just purchased my first Android Phone... directly from Telcel a Huawei Mate 10 Lite. It's okay. My 950XL's vibration didn't work, the speaker had gotten weak, the front camera no longer worked, notification settings was starting to require a reboot to turn notifications on/off, and edge no longer opened PDFs and I couldn't get Windows10 to use a downloaded PDF viewer by default. I needed some of this to work, and Phone Resets wasn't fixing it.. So, I bought an Android phone for my Mexican Number... I will still use the 950XL for my US Number.

Ok, so I really miss the Live Tiles. Actually, I miss everything about the functionality/configuration of Windows 10 Mobile. So, if we get an Andromeda device that supports Dual Sim, Dual Active.... and continues on with Live Tiles... I might get one and put both my chips back in... and keep the 950XL and Mate10Lite around as spare phones....

What I don't miss? Sluggishness... Honestly, this android phone is fast... all of the Microsoft Apps perform very well. All of my Outlook Contacts sync'd and are available to Android and all my apps. (very important detail). All of the Apps really are much better (though oddly enough, WhatsApp for Windows10Mobile has a few more configurable options than the Android version...) and faster on this Android device than my 950XL.

I miss dual sim dual active.. but I had not choice buying directly from Telcel... as they don't sell a single Dual Sim device... I will buy my own later... but for now... I just had to get these lost features back..... I needed to be able to open and read attachments from Outlook on my CelPhone and my 950XL had just stopped doing it.... and it doesn't appear Microsoft was going to do anything to fix it... So... in a hurry, I've started the Android Leap. (though I am using the Microsoft Launcher and all of the Microsoft apps .. lol)

But yeah, really missing Live Tiles....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb