Surface ARM?

MaxLo

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea if we'll see an ARM-based Surface Tablet (not the Andromeda phone thing but basically a Surface Pro with ARM) in 2018? Are there any Surface events on the horizon?

Read the stories about HP and others pushing back release of their ARM devices by a couple of weeks, but is there any information regarding MS?

My SP3's screen just broke and I am wondering if I should buy the latest 2017 Surface Pro now or wait for an ARM device:
- how would you expect such a device to perform (much slower than the i5 SP3?)
- what can we expect regarding battery life?
- how will they be priced (the HP ARM device seems to be priced not far from an Intel device)

Thanks

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I would have loved to see such device, but it probably isn't Microsoft's priority to release such a device at the moment.
As it goes for your other questions:
1. Yes, they say performance would be on par with a 2013-2014ish Core i3, Qualcomm silicon is improving very fast though
2. If they released such a device, then I would expect to have over 10 hours of battery life, however, it would depend greatly on the battery size, usage and screen resolution
3.That is the only question that I don't have a slightest idea how to answer, but I would expect that a device like this would be priced something like the Surface 3 (non-Pro).

justjun555

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea if we'll see an ARM-based Surface Tablet (not the Andromeda phone thing but basically a Surface Pro with ARM) in 2018? Are there any Surface events on the horizon?

Read the stories about HP and others pushing back release of their ARM devices by a couple of weeks, but is there any information regarding MS?

My SP3's screen just broke and I am wondering if I should buy the latest 2017 Surface Pro now or wait for an ARM device:
- how would you expect such a device to perform (much slower than the i5 SP3?)
- what can we expect regarding battery life?
- how will they be priced (the HP ARM device seems to be priced not far from an Intel device)

Thanks
Microsoft should make surface arm version may be with snapdragon 845
Now answers to your questions
1) performance would be slower than i5 but similar to core m3/m5 or core i3 territory.
2)battery life would be much better than intel products and similar to arm tablets like ipad that means it would provide solid one day of mix use.
3)hp envy x2 cost 1000$ but also includes lte connection ,keyboard cover and digitiger so if we compare it with similar speced surface pro 2017 core m3 modal ( 799+130 type cover+100 digitizer+150 for lte)=1180$. so by the same price metric surface arm should cost between 699$ to 899$ for specs of snapdragon 845 + 4/8 gb ram+128/256 gb ufs storage.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99