WOA on regular mainstream phone OEM Flagships?

PushMe96

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

With Windows on ARM and the impending rollout of CShell, isn’t it possible for Microsoft to partner with regular (android) phone manufacturers to maybe release versions of their devices with full Windows on ARM (and some mobile composer). Imagine, say, a Samsung S9, Windows 10 edition.

I know that on paper, WoA should even be able to work on current-gen flagships, especially considering as there’s a thriving custom ROM scene for android devices.

I mean, they’re not really direct competitors to Microsoft, so couldn’t they be brought into Microsoft’s OEM Family, on the mobile end?

Edit: I was motivated to post this because I encountered a reddit comment which showed that I'm not alone in this line of thought:
Microsoft also has Continuum, which I think is a game changer. I should qualify that, Continuum in conjunction with the most widely used desktop OS in the world. Whenever I think about it, I actually get angry that Microsoft hasn't been pushing Continuum. THERE'S YOUR CHROMEBOOK COMPETITOR RIGHT THERE. Get some Android Go tier phones, load them up with the stripped down version of WoA in S mode or Polaris and sell that s**t to developing countries or on the low end in the US. Then use that market share to build out the basics of your platform.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)