How can new low cost Windows10 tablet can take on ipad ,If MS did not improve tablet mode?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Simple answer: they can't. We keep waiting for Microsoft to refocus its efforts on touch focused UI, but it hasn't happened.

I think I can safely speak for the majority of people when I say I was grateful when Microsoft announced Windows 10, and focused once again on traditional Windows users. But the time has passed where that focus is entirely necessary. Windows 10 is in a great place on the desktop side of things, now we just need Windows 8 superior tablet mode to make a comeback. In fact, make it even better.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I'm not even sure the iPad and similar Windows tablets can really go head-to-head as their use cases can vary drastically.

My take is that its like comparing a Ford Escape and Chevrolet Suburban. (or Toyota RAV4 vs. Ford Expedition, substitute your own vehicles etc.)

One is a smaller light-duty/car-based crossover SUV capable of most tasks the average person may perform and the other is a more lumbering, heavier-duty body-on-frame SUV that can take care of just about any task you throw at it. Unless that task is being efficient or easy-to-park.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well... MS put the GUI changes in the wrong order. They should have done the W10 GUI first, as a transition from XP. Then brought out the W8 GUI. Then they could compete against the iPad. Also they wouldn't have alienated users and programmers as much.

But hindsight is always 20/20

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb