Dan, are we beginning to back off from the idea that Andromeda will be able to make first party phone calls, and send first party text messages natively? Will Andromeda only be able to connect to LTE networks, using VOIP, and relative services, to make calls, and text? For a lot of people (fans) the fact that Andromeda would be able to make calls, and text, natively is a huge selling point. Any updated information on this?
    05-22-2018 10:29 AM
    This is a great question. I would not consider buying an Andromeda device if it can't perform basic phone functions well.
    05-23-2018 03:57 PM
    Andromeda is DEAD!

Just like Windows Phone and Windows 10 Mobile!
    05-24-2018 03:42 AM
    Agreed. Andromeda MUST make phone calls and send/receive text messages natively for me to buy into it, especially at the price Microsoft is rumored to be offering it for. I could honestly survive and thrive using Andromeda as my smartphone replacement / productivity booster if such were the case. If not, then I might as well stick to my Windows PC / Android combo.
    rodneyej likes this.
    05-24-2018 03:04 PM
    Yes, great question. I have been holding out for Andromeda. But lack of native calls and texts would be a deal breaker. MSFT needs to get this right. I'm down to my last device - a cracked 1520 running W10M - which will need to be replaced soon. I'm itching to buy this device. I DO NOT want to switch to android.
    05-27-2018 03:04 PM
    Yes, great question. I have been holding out for Andromeda. But lack of native calls and texts would be a deal breaker. MSFT needs to get this right. I'm down to my last device - a cracked 1520 running W10M - which will need to be replaced soon. I'm itching to buy this device. I DO NOT want to switch to android.
    Totally agree. Please, give us info soon, we're lot of people who are hanging on with Windows Phone until change the device to a new Microsoft mobile pone. But we need some info for hope!
    rodneyej and Kevin Rush like this.
    05-29-2018 10:15 AM
    They have given us more information recently.
    Originally posted by DavidBS1989
    Originally Posted by h4mm3r tyme
    Totally agree. Please, give us info soon, we're lot of people who are hanging on with Windows Phone until change the device to a new Microsoft mobile pone. But we need some info for hope!
    05-30-2018 08:18 AM
    ... If not, then I might as well stick to my Windows PC / Android combo.
    * Windows PC / "Windows Mobile Phone" combo works for me.
    mtf1380 likes this.
    05-30-2018 09:16 AM
    The roll out of 5G cellular networks is in the news today. It is expected in Minneapolis and other cities this year, but we'll need new phones to access it. I hope the Andromeda devices are taking the 5G roll out into their planning.
    I support what I like and I like Windows Mobile Phone. I does everything I need and more.
    Best Wishes
    mtf1380 likes this.
    05-30-2018 09:26 AM
    They have given us more information recently.
    Where I can find it? Thank you.
    05-30-2018 11:50 AM