Microsoft Photos

Luke Ashe

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
Are there any plans or a roadmap that releases a standalone app for iOS/Android that will be Microsoft photos and allows connection to OneDrive storage?

Luke Ashe

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
MS doesn't need to build a photo app. They just need to add more features to their already in use OneDrive app. You can already go straight to photos, if it was already selected, but it's not a huge issue if you don't. Just select the photos tab.

What I would like them to do is add OneDrive photo viewer to MS Launcher, then you can view and access it directly from there.

It's a lot to put in the same app assuming they develop the photos section to a similar standard as Photos and surely it would slow down releases of new versions, but if they could do it then I wouldn't mind it staying in OneDrive

Luke Ashe

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
Nevermind photo apps and halfway-to-decent launchers, what Microsoft needs is their own mobile operating system, then they wouldn't have to spend so much time, energy and money trying to find exotic ways to stay relevent.

Drum roll Andromeda. Oh, wait. They delayed/cancelled/mothballed that one....frankly the only good mobile idea they've had in 4 years *bitter much*

As much as I agree and want that, they would spend effort, time and money on developing a mobile OS which hopefully is core OS, then they will still need to develop a huge range of apps that no-one else is prepared to do outside of PWA and that has its limits.

It's much easier, and more relevant to do it on the two leading mobile OS's that are in use today, especially if something like core OS will take years to develop to a similar standard

Joscelin Trouwborst

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I agree with the stand that it would be great to have a Microsoft Photos app on Windows and iOS. I had to go from my Lumia 1520 to an LG V20 with Android. I know there is OneDrive access to Photos in the OneDrive app, but to my opinion, it would be very valuable to have a separate Photos app.

Hoppman

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see Microsoft create new apps for every crappy scroogle app on Android, at least you would know it was safe and secure unlike other 3rd party apps in the play store.

judithen

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I think Microsoft should make as many apps and as much software as it produces to keep it's place "on 90% of all computers". Though IOS and Android smartphones and tablets may be the most prevalent hardware used, UWP is still the only system that's used to reliably communicate one OS to another. Apple doesn't appear to be interested in the concept and it may be that it's beyond Google.

enduserbestpractice

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
it would be like microsoft has a brain again if they did this

I'm all for it. it is needed, bring back maps and groove while your at it

and I want to send large email attachment and they go to my one drive and the person on the other end gets a link all transparently on outlook like it worked at one time until they broke it, it's like Microsoft has a saboteur pidepiper amoungst them leading them to jump off the cliffs!|

kiwidoc67

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I use Piktures, but not as good as Ms photos app on W10. Miss my albums, dark theme, edit and just the niceness of the interface.

Still really missing Groove music. Wish they would open source that code so someone can make 3rd party for other streaming services. Still the best music app by far.

Dennis Atkins

Nov 24, 2017
Visit site
With Microsoft Photos, downloaded (or well cached) pictures from my OneDrive comes to my mind. If I finally can view my photos (which I completely store and backup with OneDrive) offline on my iPhone, I'm satisfied.

Richard Toft

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the Phots app is really nice and it would be great to have a further link to Onedrive / 365.
The more places Microsoft puts its apps the better the overall experience of windows should be.

mobilereboot

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
There is no need for MS to create a Photos app for Android. Google's Photos app can be redirected to backup photos to OneDrive. Works just fine. Someone with iOS experience can speak to whether Apple's app can configured similarly.

Why waste resources on what would be a duplicate of an existing app? I really don't see how a copy of Photos is going to add to keeping in the Microsoft ecosystem. Launcher (extremely popular, BTW), Office365, and other apps that do something usefully different are filling that role.

Tyrone Bigguns

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Most likely cuts in developers cuz even the photo app in winmo is still crappy as helll. Crashes frequently, doesnt update all the time, have to manually exit / restart numerous times to get pics to show up...so yea...

mayconvert

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
i would love a dedicated Window PHOTOS app. I need it to sync pics from my pixel and my iphone directly to my windows desktop automatically. if you are abandoning phones, make ALL the apps for Mac, PC, Android and iOS.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
yes. As microsoft is not showing any initiative of a follow-up windows phone follow-up smartphone device, I am relaying more on the photos app on my windows devices. Would be nice to have a seemless experience across devices and not have to juggle frustrating loops to get andriod and iOS to talk to the windows photos app.

John Pincombe

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
To whom it concerns, I think that Microsoft should make a camera and photo apps for Android phones. I know it would be better than what's out there. I using a Kyocera Android phone. And am running almost every Microsoft app.
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo