Where is our updated Windows Central app?

rodneyej

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Where is our updated Windows Central app? Is Windows Central ever planning on updating it's app for Android, and even Windows Mobile? Is there a PWA in the pipeline? Is Windows Central intentionally ignoring users request for an updated app, and if so, what are the reasons for the silence? These are the questions of an era😐
What's the plan moving forward, WC?????🤔

Vincent Ryan

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
It seems by way of broken sign ins and lack of comment input we are being directed to the PWA which wants to use our motion and light sensors for whatever reasons? Loaded with ads and cookies too!

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Been complaining and asking about this for a couple years now. We just keep asking.... Haha
Maybe their core devs started developing Android apps for the Microsoft launcher or jumped to studying ios sdk. Some can't sit around waiting years and years for uwp and the Microsoft store to ramp up. I don't blame them.

Prometheus2021

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I just asked this very question on the Ask a Question thread. Seriously tho, why can't we get a decent UWP app from Windows Central. I mean if they're all about Windows, why can't they just update the app. A lot of us PC users, don't want to open edge and login everytime we want to read Windows or MS news, Kinda defeats the purpose of having an app, if you're gonna have to log online just to leave a comment, or post a thread.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I just asked this very question on the Ask a Question thread. Seriously tho, why can't we get a decent UWP app from Windows Central. I mean if they're all about Windows, why can't they just update the app. A lot of us PC users, don't want to open edge and login everytime we want to read Windows or MS news, Kinda defeats the purpose of having an app, if you're gonna have to log online just to leave a comment, or post a thread.
You could argue that they are supporting Microsoft's efforts to promote use of Android and other platforms. Tapatalk is the only thing simplified enough to work. Windows does not optimally run on a mobile device nor is there any other app even for Pc or windows mobile to use mobile nations forums and news well. So that's all I use now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills