Hi Dan!

Being "new" to Windows 10 (had a Macbook in the past 3 years and had Windows 8 prior to that) I have learned so much since purchasing my new HP Envy x360 13.3" with AMD Ryzen 5 laptop.

Concentrating on the issue of battery life and performance (in conjunction with heating & fan noise) do i really need to change things on the BIOS or even underclocking the CPU to get the most of a "better battery life" on my computer?

N.B. I have researched a lot online and Youtube on saving battery life (without compromising performance) from turning off and toning down everything that needs to be turned off to keeping my desktop clutter-free (apart from the recycling bin) to checking for updates to stopping background apps to adjusting the performance slider.

Is there anything else that I should be doing?
    09-27-2018 05:23 AM
    09-29-2018 06:25 AM
    Hello and thank you for the reply and advice.

I was almost on a nervous breakdown when my laptop's fans woudnl't stop and it was so noisy 99.9% of the time I open it and use it and the performance was near atrcoius.

The fan seem to have settled now and I have installed all the latest Windows and HP updates.

Would you agree that downloading Windows updates might have been a factor as to why the fan was working overtime?
    10-10-2018 03:58 AM