10-29-2018 05:22 PM
29 12
tools
    10-28-2018 06:03 PM
    Interesting. I saw this over the weekend.
    Companies are able to profit even without making personal connections if they have a monopoly on the services they render. In this example they don't need fans. For instance, I use MS products at work because I'm forced to, not because I choose to. Maybe it's just two ways of looking at it. Maybe one is not better than the other. Competition changes things though. For now, MS is safe.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-29-2018 04:55 PM
    Interesting. I saw this over the weekend.
    Companies are able to profit even without making personal connections if they have a monopoly on the services they render. In this example they don't need fans. For instance, I use MS products at work because I'm forced to, not because I choose to. Maybe it's just two ways of looking at it. Maybe one is not better than the other. Competition changes things though. For now, MS is safe.
    Did it ever occur to anyone, not just you, that Microsoft has a very healthy relationship with business and enterprise? That they cultivate that relationship more than any other because it drives their business and subsequently their profits. Your employer and mine use Microsoft products because they do the job and they do it more cost-effective. That makes business owners happy. If not, we'd all be using Macs or the latest Linux distro.

You're right, competition improves the breed as evidenced by Microsoft's latest failure in their own attempt at mobile. I won't say complete failure because through their patent licensing, Microsoft makes money on every single Android handset sold in the world. Let's not forget that Microsoft did not get to its dominant position with phones and tablets. This is a side piece for them.
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    10-29-2018 05:15 PM
    Did it ever occur to anyone, not just you, that Microsoft has a very healthy relationship with business and enterprise? That they cultivate that relationship more than any other because it drives their business and subsequently their profits. Your employer and mine use Microsoft products because they do the job and they do it more cost-effective. That makes business owners happy. If not, we'd all be using Macs or the latest Linux distro.
    I have no proof that they do or do not because there is little competition and I'm not in IT. Blackberry owned the corporate smartphone sector until competition appeared, now it is a dinosaur in the smartphone market and has changed its strategy to survive. Maybe MS is doing a better job in their business relationships, I'm not sure. My point is just because you are making a profit (a very large one at that) doesn't mean you are secure in the future. Fans, whether consumer or corporate, are necessary for sustainability.
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    10-29-2018 05:22 PM
29 12