A favor - please ask about two SB2 issues MS refuses to acknowledge/fix

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
For the most part, I'm a big fan of my SB2 (15") but there are two issues which have been present since day 1. Both affect a large number of units, possibly all, and MS is operating from their standard playbook: first deny with a "nothing to see here" response and suggest it's an isolated issue affecting very few and to go to a MS Store for a replacement, then vaguely acknowledge it, then announce a fix is available which doesn't fix it, rinse and repeat. For a premium device, needless to say, this has been infuriating for many people.

1) Disappearing Nvidia GPU - the original MS forum post is up to 49 pages as of today and despite driver fixes in August (15") and 11/28 (13"), people are still reporting the issues. The reset with power/volume buttons has worked for me the couple times it's occurred and I haven't had the problem in a while, but for many, it persists no matter what they do and how many replacement units they try.

2) Trackpad and keyboard lag while on battery - Bigger one for me personally. While on battery and the Recommended battery setting (between better performance and battery saver), the trackpad and keyboard lags. The mouse pointer feels like it's in quicksand at times and continues to move when you stop moving your finger. The trackpad seems like a more widespread, or at least noticed, issue but I also see keyboard lag others in the forum post have reported, too. Changing to battery saver or better/best performance fixes the problem immediately so it's obviously tied to power settings. Unpairing/re-pairing the pen as one of the more recent posts suggests doesn't work.

On behalf of all SB2 owners, can you please ask around at MS, ideally someone on the Surface team? At least point them to the forum posts where the frustration is palpable.

Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss