01-08-2019 02:29 PM
34 12
tools
    My father is using a Nokia phone, most probably Nokia 3 and I found it is literary very leggy and sometimes the touch doesn't work properly...
    12-22-2018 08:18 AM
    , keep in mind though that motorola is now owned by Lenovo (chinese), so do not expect many updates. That being said, there are quite cheap spec wise. Personally I think Nokia has some nice options since they are more balanced with fast updates (e.g. try a midrange Nokia from a half year old).

, I think they should release it as a premium device only so only powerusers would buy it. Than devs get the time to develop apps for it and than if there are more apps they can release cheaper versions of Andromeda as well.
    I am not sure just marketing to PowerUsers will allow the device to survive for very long. That sounds too much on MS just deciding to focus on Enterprise because they know the consumer market is lost.
    12-27-2018 06:12 PM
    No hope then.
    01-06-2019 12:26 PM
    No hope then.
    The rumored andromeda device appears to have been indefinitely delayed, I don't blame them, given the state of MS app store, it will just flop. There's no mobile device on the horizon, so there's no point buying into a platform that has until the end of this year.

Features are already starting to not work, and app updates are getting fewer and fewer. Third party apps invariably barely work and I doubt any updates will come.
    01-06-2019 10:13 PM
    I don't think Andromeda is going to be a budget segment so the only options are either budget android phones or feature phones. Iphone is out of range.

By the way, I already purchased an android phone. It is moto e 4 plus. Surprisingly it cost less than USD 110 in my country, so I just garbed the offer, though the phone itself is adorned with pristine hardwares and 7.1 Nougat OS but at least better than WP. So I think the discussion is no more needed. Thanks for the informations. I do appreciate that still some WP fans are in existence and hope we will see something new from the Microsoft authority in future on a mobile platform which will be adorned with their own OS.
    01-07-2019 02:55 AM
    My father is using a Nokia phone, most probably Nokia 3 and I found it is literary very leggy and sometimes the touch doesn't work properly...
    , it is their low end budget line, of course those are slow lol. Nokia 7.1 / plus / Nokia 8 are better examples and sometimes found at good prices when they are a bit older, though more than 100 bucks of course. Generally Nokia is faster than Mototola/Lenovo since they use Android One (a relative clean Android version, relatively speaking because you still got lots of Google bloatware aside from the store, maps apps etc).

By the way, I already purchased an android phone. It is moto e 4 plus. Surprisingly it cost less than USD 110 in my country, so I just garbed the offer, though the phone itself is adorned with pristine hardwares and 7.1 Nougat OS but at least better than WP. So I think the discussion is no more needed. Thanks for the informations. I do appreciate that still some WP fans are in existence and hope we will see something new from the Microsoft authority in future on a mobile platform which will be adorned with their own OS.
    , not really that surprising since it is already outdated os-wise :P so I would advise not to use any banking apps etc on it and if you can install a good adblocker (like Ublock Origin) to protect against malware through advertisements and from sites.
    01-08-2019 10:58 AM
    Thanks ochhanz for your advice.

In my first comment I already mentioned that my budget is less than USD 150. The price of Nokia 7.1 plus in my country is like around USD 400 (LOL). How could I afford that.

Secondly, I am a fan of WP, so I don't think using a Moto e4 plus will be that stupid because my previous phone was a Lumia 550, which I lost a couple of weeks back. I did a lot of research on the available WPs and then post a comment here. Taking all the opinions provided here and my inquiries suggested me not to go for any WP. I also had the idea of the pristine condition of Moto e4 plus but my budget is not that much, otherwise I do prefer Iphone instead of Android phone. However my uses include talking with others, sending/receiving messages and emails, having a look at the football/cricket world, browsing news portals, playing games (e.g. Subway surfers, Angry birds and FIFA Soccer). Thats all I tend to do. Nothing special. I am also a pretty classy guy and still using Analog apparatus when there is any monetary issue.
    Apart from its Intro and interface, everything is good so far and until now (New phone indeed). So I am using Microsoft launcher but missing the live tiles interface.
    Hope will get a mobile device operational with MS operating system in future. May be Andromeda, but I am afraid of its cost.
    01-08-2019 01:09 PM
    Thanks ochhanz for your advice.

In my first comment I already mentioned that my budget is less than USD 150. The price of Nokia 7.1 plus in my country is like around USD 400 (LOL). How could I afford that.

Secondly, I am a fan of WP, so I don't think using a Moto e4 plus will be that stupid because my previous phone was a Lumia 550
    , please understand that I did not want to imply with my comment that your purchase was stupid ;) . As I said before motorola/lenovo has some good bang for buck phones spec-wise, just fast outdated os wise, but if you install stuff like a good adblocker and be carefull with banking apps etc you should be safe enough (looking at your use cases it should be fine indeed).
    The problem with old Android phones is that sometimes people aren't aware of possible safety issues, which is why I wanted it to point it out here.
    Anyway, I mentioned e.g. the Nokia 8 since I noticed a while ago that in my country it was 50% cheaper in less than 1 year, I figured that perhaps something like a Nokia 7 could perhaps be bought for e.g. 200 bucks or Nokia 6 for 150 bucks than but perhaps this was too optimistic opn my part.
    01-08-2019 01:54 PM
    Ha ha ha ha.............. I didn't take your words redundantly Mr/Mrs/Ms ochhanz. I would like to see opinions from different persons. And I am concern about the privacy matter. I just tend to do some basic works with my new phone which I did with my previous Lumia 550.

By the way, I don't know whats going on in other countries but in my country, there are available options of budget phones, but the problem is - I mentioned before what my father is now experiencing with his Nokia 3 (most probably). Same thing results with other budget options. Even my country has an indigenous platform on smart-phones and this platform is giving priority on budget phones so that a low earning guys could afford a smart-phone. The lowest priced smart-phone here is as lowest as USD 35. But what you expect from a smart-phone tagged $35. But if you could spend more than $150, then off course you will get a decent budget phone, which I didn't while purchasing. So I found e4 plus is interesting as I had to spend only 110 bucks. If I go for other options then okay I might face the same experience same to my father. Lets hope for the best.

I literary have to do some instant basic works as I mentioned earlier. But I do appreciate your words as it gave me some infos on Motorola and I then will be careful in using my phone decently.
    01-08-2019 02:29 PM
34 12