Site and articles

Mattemt294

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
Does anyone else find the quality of this site diminishing? I love windows central. I've bought alot of stuff based off the reviews on here from surface products to Waterfield design bags. But the site is jammed full of shopping ad posts and even some of the actual articles by the staff are strange. A great recent example is one titled which configuration of the spectre x2 should you buy? When there is only one configuration and that's the point of the article (that's already been covered) As a former tech writer this title is bordering clickbait and pointless material. It's actually getting difficult to find anything of quality in the sea of posts letting me know which batteries are on sale this week. I understand needing revenue but the site is becoming almost useless.

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing this more and more as well. There are more "ad" articles then there are actual articles currently.

I understand that the site needs to make money and with the invention of ad blockers, ad revenue is decreasing. To this day I don't know why a subscription model hasn't been implemented. There's a few tech sites that I pay $20/year for ad free access and would gladly pay simlar if the "real" articles come back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3