I guess this question isn't strictly limited to Dan but for anyone that's interested. How do you feel about Microsoft releasing products with seemingly no expectation of mass market success? They've released the Invoke, GLAS, and recently the Surface headphones all without a marketing push and with limited availability at retailers nationwide or worldwide. It seems Microsoft actually prefers to create products aimed at hardcore Microsoft enthusiasts as opposed to competing with Google or Amazon.
    Laura Knotek and Byrese like this.
    01-30-2019 10:54 AM
    I think that the price point is too high for the Microsoft products to be anything but niche, especially when compared to the prices of the Echo, Google Home, and Nest products.
    HeyCori and aximtreo like this.
    01-30-2019 08:48 PM
    OK, then, release Andromeda for those "hardcore Microsoft enthusiasts" users, but do it!!!
    01-31-2019 11:19 AM
    I guess this question isn't strictly limited to Dan but for anyone that's interested. How do you feel about Microsoft releasing products with seemingly no expectation of mass market success? They've released the Invoke, GLAS, and recently the Surface headphones all without a marketing push and with limited availability at retailers nationwide or worldwide. It seems Microsoft actually prefers to create products aimed at hardcore Microsoft enthusiasts as opposed to competing with Google or Amazon.
    This is a good observation. I'm no marketing expert but maybe they're trying to create a niche for themselves? I see more Surfaces everyday in the wild (i.e., Starbucks, coffee shops, etc.) They seem really exclusive. I dunno, but this is a good observation.
    Laura Knotek, aximtreo and HeyCori like this.
    03-05-2019 11:50 PM
    I see them all as Gen1 devices that *could* eventually become affordable product lines one day
    03-17-2019 12:10 PM