Google Hangouts vs. Zoom: Which video-call service is better for you?

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Hey Dan, I think you could do a service to the community by giving you view on the data collect and or data selling practices of Google Hangouts and Zoom.

As I understand it, in their Ts&Cs Zoom says they collect and share data with third parties. And Google, well Google is a advertising company.

Whatcha think?

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Hey Dan, I think you could do a service to the community by giving you view on the data collect and or data selling practices of Google Hangouts and Zoom.

As I understand it, in their Ts&Cs Zoom says they collect and share data with third parties. And Google, well Google is a advertising company.

Whatcha think?
, does Zoom still send your data to Facebook if you pay for Zoom? (even if the call contains freeloaders?)
If yes I would say Zoom, otherwise I would say Hangouts (it is better that data is send to Google than to Facebook since Facebook protects data less towards third parties; e.g. Cambridge Analytica scandal).
If it is for business I would use MS Teams or an other product than the above mentioned products.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills