Lumia 1020 and WP8.1

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi WPC

My first Lumia 1020 died on me within 3 months of use and after the black update. I tried all the resets and warranty claim later they replaced the motherboard and it still didn't work, so I got a replacement.

I have changed* the HK CV version to AU CV and it works fine. With the new 8.1 in hindsight
should I revert back to HK CV version or let it be on AU CV?
Anything to be worried about?
should I take up the developer preview and if I do take it will I be able to get the official 8.1 release?

I sure wouldn't want to get a brick in exchange. any advice will be much appreciated.

*changed the OS var as it was smaller in size and based on advice and assumption that AU var is designed with AU conditions in mind.

Cheers
S

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi WPC

My first Lumia 1020 died on me within 3 months of use and after the black update. I tried all the resets and warranty claim later they replaced the motherboard and it still didn't work, so I got a replacement.

I would say keep it as it is, since it's working fine.

I have changed* the HK CV version to AU CV and it works fine. With the new 8.1 in hindsight
should I revert back to HK CV version or let it be on AU CV?
Anything to be worried about?
should I take up the developer preview and if I do take it will I be able to get the official 8.1 release?

I sure wouldn't want to get a brick in exchange. any advice will be much appreciated.

*changed the OS var as it was smaller in size and based on advice and assumption that AU var is designed with AU conditions in mind.

Cheers
S

I would keep it as it is, since it's working fine.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi David.

Can you please clarify keep which one the way it is? Do you want me to revert back to HK CV and leave it as it is or leave the AU CV as it is till the wp8.1 is officially released?

And if it is the latter will it matter that I have a AU CV on it?

Cheers

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Whichever one is working with the least problems, which by the sound of it is the AU one. Main thing would be is you would get updates when they are released in that area. Also it would be less hassle leaving it as it is.

You can get developer preview regardless of area but there is discussion as to whether it voids warranties or not.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Whichever one is working with the least problems, which by the sound of it is the AU one. Main thing would be is you would get updates when they are released in that area. Also it would be less hassle leaving it as it is.

You can get developer preview regardless of area but there is discussion as to whether it voids warranties or not.

Quick Update Got the AU update and all is going gr8 on 1020. I also couldnt resist the temptation so I had to get the update 1 as well. works a treat. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss