Windows Phone printing any time soon?

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
yeah right thats why we get exactly what is advertised right
you get sooo much battery man , its unbelievable
you bought a 1tb hdd its not a single kb lesser than 1tb right
you bought a 15" laptop, its not a single cm bigger(bezel)

this post is sarcastic just FYI
look man , i OWN the phones i mentioned so i certainly know each of their pros and cons

WP can use less battery, but Nokia put a horrible battery. So, is the same.

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
My wife prints to our Samsung printer over WiFi via an app developed by Samsung for that very purpose. Surely there are such apps on Windows Phone, as well?

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 via Tapatalk

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
There's an app called print hand that works with a lot of printers for Wi-Fi printing. I had the same issue coming from iPhone to windows phone too and that's the best solution I've found it you don't have a brothers or HP printer.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
And in all fairness, it also kind of makes me scratch my head when people ask these kind of questions when they've already purchased a Windows Phone. If folks did their research ahead of time they'd know what they're getting into rather than coming in here all angry and indignant when they find out that "Feature X" isn't available a few weeks or months after the fact.

No one is going to research a phone based off of printing. Not being able to print ranks up with not being able to undo or copy and paste. These aren't even features at this day and age. These are things your just expect even the worst phone to do. You talking about research but Microsoft is not going to put out that the phone can't do some basic stuff natively. And even if it could it would list it in its feature set.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Wait, so Icon have more battery that Xperia, 5s, Galaxy?
And, sorry for being off topic...

i dont own an icon so i dont know but my 720 and even my 820 certainly have better battery life than xperia,5s,galaxy
galaxy doesnt even exist in the battery life list, its got the worst battery life ive seen,i even tried changing batteries , handsets etc

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
i dont own an icon so i dont know but my 720 and even my 820 certainly have better battery life than xperia,5s,galaxy
galaxy doesnt even exist in the battery life list, its got the worst battery life ive seen,i even tried changing batteries , handsets etc

The 720 have a great battery. I agree. 820 isn't so good. But, like I say, depends of phone, etc

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
The 720 have a great battery. I agree. 820 isn't so good. But, like I say, depends of phone, etc

820 lasts over a day easily just because its 350mah lesser than 720 doesnt mean it has bad battery life, worse than 720 yes but its not faaar behind or something
my point is android uses more resources unnecessarily hence worse battery life

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
820 lasts over a day easily just because its 350mah lesser than 720 doesnt mean it has bad battery life, worse than 720 yes but its not faaar behind or something
my point is android uses more resources unnecessarily hence worse battery life
Lumia 820:
1.5Ghz
Adreno 225
1GB RAM

Lumia 820:
1.0Ghz
Adreno 305
512mb RAM

And I agree with you. But what matters in the end is the battery life in general.
Nokia most often places a not so good battery for hardware (Lumia 920-5/930-Icon/1020 Could have more mah)

ahalowell

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I was just checking out the new Amazon Fire phone. It even prints. So that leaves just the Windows phone unable to print.

Oh well.....

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Guys, this horse has been beaten enough. Cloud printing has been available since 7.5 on WP. I use Kumo Print and it works flawlessly. If you have an HP or Brother printer, there are apps for those as well. If you want Network Wi-Fi printing, you can try PrinterShare on iOS & Android but you have to print from within the app so it's very limited. For full printing features over Wi-Fi, the last time that existed was on Windows Mobile. What I mean by full features, that is when you scroll through your file manager and select the item you wish to print.

Kumo Print allows you to select which items you want to print but it's limited to Google Cloud printers. It's no different than any other current mobile OS.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Guys, this horse has been beaten enough. Cloud printing has been available since 7.5 on WP. I use Kumo Print and it works flawlessly. If you have an HP or Brother printer, there are apps for those as well. If you want Network Wi-Fi printing, you can try PrinterShare on iOS & Android but you have to print from within the app so it's very limited. For full printing features over Wi-Fi, the last time that existed was on Windows Mobile. What I mean by full features, that is when you scroll through your file manager and select the item you wish to print.

Kumo Print allows you to select which items you want to print but it's limited to Google Cloud printers. It's no different than any other current mobile OS.

With IOS you can print WebPages too. Can kumo do that?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 820:
1.5Ghz
Adreno 225
1GB RAM

Lumia 820:
1.0Ghz
Adreno 305
512mb RAM

And I agree with you. But what matters in the end is the battery life in general.
Nokia most often places a not so good battery for hardware (Lumia 920-5/930-Icon/1020 Could have more mah)

the hardware isnt that different only small improvements other than ram

msxbox

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
With Microsoft's one vision im sure it wont be long before we have many more features (including printing) that surpass the competition by far... Already there are many compelling reasons to choose a Windows Phone and there will be more soon....

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750