Flash Transfer needed for Windows Phone 8.1

imabhilash

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

flash transfer app is badly needed for WP 8.1, we cannot transfer video/large file to other devices. since "Files" enable to share files through Bluetooth but it is too slow to transfer..

i'm waiting for this app, just stick to bellow line :smile:

"things are changing, things will change"............

thank you!!!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Don't know Flash Transfer!
:shocked:
You're the first person I've met that doesn't know Flash Transfer!

On the contrary, you're the first person I've seen who's calling Wi-Fi Direct as Flash Transfer. It's an OS level feature that has to be enabled at the core which at the moment does not exist on WP.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
It might be supported (in a way) but the functionality to use it might be missing in the API, may be a developer can chip in and answer your question?

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
It does exists. It has to be enabled by firmware updates (cyan update which includes most of the new drivers for windows phone 8.1 ) Windows Phone 8.1 Features | Windows Phone Central

The features shown in the link are derived from the SDK right? I don't think all the features made it to the final build of WP8.1. I can find many which are missing. If Cyan enabled the features like WiFi direct or OTG(as stated in the SDK), then L630 should have it but it doesn't.

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Well in that case why is Wi-Fi direct for file transfers not supported on the 630 which already had the Cyan firmware?

With WP8.1, Wi-Fi Direct is available but only to phones that support WFD. I'm not sure if the 630 is a WFD capable phone and haven't found a list of the phones that are capable but, its not all phones running WP8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99