Old windows 8 PCs in "other" tabs list

Jonodw

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a desktop with windows 8.1 and a surface 2 with windows 8.1. I have refreshed both a few times. This means that my Microsoft account thinks I have five different PCs when really 3 are old PC names that I reset or got rid of. This means that in the store when I click "my apps" I can see the apps I had installed on my surface before I reset it and the same for my old desktop account. This doesn't matter so much since I never look there, but I do look in the "other tabs" list on my L520 wp8.1 preview. And on that list is two surface devices. My current one, and the one before I reset it, which says there are two tabs open in IE11 even though that "PC" doesn't exist anymore! So... any idea how I can manage/delete these old non-existent devices from my Microsoft account?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
According to this official FAQ: Trusted devices: FAQ - Windows Help trusted devices that aren't used for more than 2 months will be removed automatically. The only thing you can do to immediately remove devices you no longer use is removing all of them at once (described in the FAQ as well, point 3). You will then have to re-add the devices you're still using as trusted devices again.

Jonodw

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I think that the trusted devices is a separate thing. What I need is a list of all the computers that I have ever signed into with my Microsoft account, and be able to delete the ones that don't actually exist anymore. There are computer names on the "my apps" list that I refreshed months or years ago.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think that the trusted devices is a separate thing. What I need is a list of all the computers that I have ever signed into with my Microsoft account, and be able to delete the ones that don't actually exist anymore. There are computer names on the "my apps" list that I refreshed months or years ago.

Normally only trusted devices appear there.

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Well to get rid of the list of device in other tabs go to the desktop IE go to settings, advanced and reset and I believe you have to check the box for personal settings as well but can't remember for sure and after a bit it should get rid of the devices you don't use from the other tabs list. For the store apps in the store open the charms, settings and I think its preferences but could be account and it lists your devices and there should be a remove button beside each one of them to get them off the store apps list. Hope this helps because I'm just going off of memory here.

Jonodw

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Well to get rid of the list of device in other tabs go to the desktop IE go to settings, advanced and reset and I believe you have to check the box for personal settings as well but can't remember for sure and after a bit it should get rid of the devices you don't use from the other tabs list. For the store apps in the store open the charms, settings and I think its preferences but could be account and it lists your devices and there should be a remove button beside each one of them to get them off the store apps list. Hope this helps because I'm just going off of memory here.

Thanks this was exactly what I needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss