Xbox Music App Not available for Nokia 1020 in Store

W

WPCentral Question

Just bought another Nokia 1020, updated software,set for the USA but I not only do not see Xbox Music app, when I try to download from a website, it says 'this app is unavailable for your phone!!! ATT is carrier and my husband has it on his 1020. Thoughts as I am a newbie to this forum. I tried changing to Canada but no help.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just bought another Nokia 1020, updated software,set for the USA but I not only do not see Xbox Music app, when I try to download from a website, it says 'this app is unavailable for your phone!!! ATT is carrier and my husband has it on his 1020. Thoughts as I am a newbie to this forum. I tried changing to Canada but no help.

Does your new phone have the latest updates? I don't recall which update that app coincided with, or if it even required a specific update, but it's something to check.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any suggestions other than trying a factory reset, then. Someone else might have a suggestion that isn't as invasive.

kzam

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Rich,

my son works for Microsoft as computer engineer with Office SharePoint. He says will not work until 8.1 which is what I thought I had. Interesting it worked on my husband's. WP sure needs to get their music app together as this seems to be one of its worst features and one that people like. The Zune to Windows Phone 7 was great!!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok - then it's 8.1 that's required. I'm running that, which explains why it works for me. Does your husband have 8.1 on his phone?

I agree, the Zune and WP7 was far better than what we have now. Hopefully Microsoft will get their act together on music.

kzam

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
He has 8.0 but loaded it last fall. My son is using the beta with Cortana which seems pretty cool; however, ATT does not not know when they are rolling it out. Unsure why I don't have 8.1?

kzam

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Just tried to search for Xbox Music on my husband's phone and the app is not in the store. Why does MS always complicate things as it really is a great phone with large tiles for us old people!!

Brandon McLean

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Just tried to search for Xbox Music on my husband's phone and the app is not in the store. Why does MS always complicate things as it really is a great phone with large tiles for us old people!!

Windows phone 8.1 isn't released yet, but the developer preview is. You can get the developer preview on your 1020 right now. Is your husband's phone running 8.0 or 8.1?

If it is running 8.1, it is already on the phone but the name is just "Music". It replaces the default "Music + Videos" hub.

Jonnny4

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this sucks. I was running 8.1 for the last month and a half and I rolled back to 8 because the Music app keeps getting worse and now I can't even install the current Xbox Music app for Windows Phone 8. This is blocked on this phone for some reason because my mother has a Samsung Ativ and she can install it and I have a spare 520 and I can get it on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3