Amazon releasing 3d phone

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
McLaren is vaporware, nobody knows if/when MS will ever release a 3D Touch phone.

It's not vapourware.....??? It's coming out this year to the three major US carriers. Dunno what you are taking about

Please stop spreading misleading facts. Or you will be reported

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
McLaren is vaporware, nobody knows if/when MS will ever release a 3D Touch phone.
Vaporware is not true In any way. True we do not know the exact date Microsoft will release this as they have the tendency to wait until it is ready (which is a good thing). But it does exist. Obviously you are poorly informed and as such should restrict your posts to those you have a semblance of an idea of what you are talking about.

AG VK

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
It's not vapourware.....??? It's coming out this year to the three major US carriers. Dunno what you are taking about

Please stop spreading misleading facts. Or you will be reported

Sorry, you are the one spreading misleading information. Please show me where MS/Nokia have even discussed the possibility of a 3D phone.

AG VK

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Vaporware is not true In any way. True we do not know the exact date Microsoft will release this as they have the tendency to wait until it is ready (which is a good thing). But it does exist. Obviously you are poorly informed and as such should restrict your posts to those you have a semblance of an idea of what you are talking about.

Obviously you are a ****** or a paid shill who is here to prop up MS in any way possible.

There's no real indication of the McLaren.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Obviously you are a ****** or a paid shill who is here to prop up MS in any way possible.

There's no real indication of the McLaren.

WpCentral, Theverge, Engadget. Read them. Goldfinger/ McLaren rumored since last year to come with 8.1. Software not ready hence we get the Icon S(S in the apple sense).
Also. McLaren's 3d is different from Amazons 3d. It cannot be outdated because Amazon's 3d is quite mundane to be honest.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I think the Mclaren is a very different type of 3d. More gestures than 3d image, as far as I can remember. The McLaren is about 3d input, the Amazon phone is about 3d output. That is my understanding anyway, I could be wrong, and it may not be coming, but I think I is. The original rumour was for Goldfinger, but it has been suggested that the tech was not ready, and it appears to have been used as a test bed for the principle. The 1020 is due a replacement in the last quarter of this year, or first quarter of next. As for vapourware, I am of the opinion it isn't.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I think the Mclaren is a very different type of 3d. More gestures than 3d image, as far as I can remember. The McLaren is about 3d input, the Amazon phone is about 3d output. That is my understanding anyway, I could be wrong, and it may not be coming, but I think I is. The original rumour was for Goldfinger, but it has been suggested that the tech was not ready, and it appears to have been used as a test bed for the principle. The 1020 is due a replacement in the last quarter of this year, or first quarter of next. As for vapourware, I am of the opinion it isn't.
Goldfinger IS the McLaren

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
McLaren's 3d is different from Amazons 3d. It cannot be outdated because Amazon's 3d is quite mundane to be honest.

That a series of algorithms exists, that is able to analyse a set of 2D photographs and determine if they depict a human hand, and distinguish that hand from any background (your face, the cloudy sky, whatever) is by itself already quite astonishing.

That a series of algorithms exists, that can go even further, by not just recognising a human hand, but also deriving from a 2D image the position of a hand's index finger in 3D space is awesome stuff.

Think about it. I wouldn't call that mundane.

That is in fact so complicated, that we are yet unable to do it reliably, which is why a reliable solution requires more sensors than just a FFC.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
That a series of algorithms exists, that is able to analyse a set of 2D photographs and determine if they depict a human hand, and distinguish that hand from any background (your face, the cloudy sky, whatever) is by itself already quite astonishing.

That a series of algorithms exists, that can go even further, by not just recognising a human hand, but also deriving from a 2D image the position of a hand's index finger in 3D space is awesome stuff.

Think about it. I wouldn't call that mundane.

That is in fact so complicated, that we are yet unable to do it reliably, which is why a reliable solution requires more sensors than just a FFC.
Comparatively mundane

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon