Broken internet sharing with 8.1

sweatshopking

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 unlocked 8.1 devices. One, an at&t 1520, that I use with Bell canada, and the other a Bell 8x that i use with fido. I recieved the 1520 with 8.1 installed, so not sure if it worked before, but the 8.1 i used a ton and it did work. On the 1520, when i toggle it on, the toggle will stay gray for 5-10 seconds, the dots move on the top, and then it says it's unavailable right now. I have LTE coverage when this happens. Can't figure out why. Data connection is working, speeds are solid, but the interent sharing won't enable. I was thinking it might be an at&t thing, but it's annoying.
the 8x just says "no data connection" when the data is clearly working. i can surf the net no problem. I have used the internet sharing numerous times on that device pre-8.1, so idkwtf is happening there. Any ideas guys? i've checked all the APN's, and both accounts have carrier supported internet sharing on them. IDK what else to do at this point.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Whether you want to try this or not is up to you but for most issues around WP8.1 usually requires a hard reset. That means backing up all your data beforehand. Any game data that's important to you may be lost if there's no ability to backup.

I'm not saying this will fix it however. There may be other issues behind your issue but if you're saying that both carriers allow it then it's the software.

Even if you decided you wanted to go back to WP8 you'd have to wipe your phone so doing a hard reset first to see if it clears up the issue won't hurt.

That's the way I see it anyway.

sweatshopking

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I thought about that, but find it strange both have issues. Both have been pretty recently reset too. In the case of my 1520 I wasn't sure if at&t does some weird thing with theirs or not. They do some strange things sometimes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre