Do I switch to HTC Desire 816

index1366

May 3, 2011
Visit site
NO. You will not get the experience you're currently getting on the 720. Cyan and 8.1 are coming in the next months, which will be better than Android. And HTCs support for their phone and software they're running isn't even close to Nokias.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Of course, this being a WP forum, you're going to get more for the 720 than any other Android.

If it were me, I wouldn't switch, but that's a decision for you. I'm not very knowledgeable of the current Desire lineup, so ill look that up soon and give my two cents.

imabhilash

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Of course, this being a WP forum, you're going to get more for the 720 than any other Android.

If it were me, I wouldn't switch, but that's a decision for you. I'm not very knowledgeable of the current Desire lineup, so ill look that up soon and give my two cents.

yup i'm waiting........

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
You're at the WP forum :). If you need Apps

"Need" apps? I agree. Some can't make through a day without the aid of an app. Yet, the rest of us don't "need" them.

If you are an app junkie and / or want to use Android, then switch. Otherwise, stick around.

imabhilash

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
You're at the WP forum :). If you need Apps and Android, then no doubt switch to HTC Desire. Otherwise stick with WP
yes i'm aware of where i'm and thats why i raised my interest and ask you about my view, and also wants to let you know "I'm just thinking, not yet decided ."

if i have already deiced, then there is no point for asking someone...........
anyways with all respect thanks a lot...:smile:

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I just installed memory card in my L620 and with 8.1, Im able to move my programs to the external card, and save space. And also managing files with "Files". It already feels like a part of Android. But with none of that lag and google apps. If you're a google person, best to go with Android.

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

currently i'm using Lumia 720 and thinking to switch to HTC Desire 816.

should I switch or NOT?

regards,
Abhilash

My two cents are like this:

Both are midrange devices. 816 has a Lumia feel with those colours. I may see why you are pointing on that. Ask yourself..."is there anything your current Lumia does worse than a Desire 816?" If the answer is yes...then change. Be ready to have many more apps, more freedom of customization at the cost of less privacy (many don't care anyway) and a device that needs a reset every now and then to keep it quick. If your issue is, like me, lack of apps/customization/bad integration in WP, then go on Android. If you are changing just for a change i don't think you'll like the Android thing if not for else, just because WP despite widely lagging behind on many things, offers a better user experience in terms of smoothness etc.

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't really care if some apps not available. If they not support me, I will not support them. Such as candy crush. Stop playing it almost 1 year due to they not supporting WP.

Palimatix

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I switched from Lumia 1320 to Desire 816. Only because I just didnt love the camera and volume of songs of that. Apart from that I am missing windows in every aspect. the Smoothness is awesome no doubt but in two years the smoothness will go for sure. WP phones will remain smooth till the end of its life. So if you dont have anything convincingly strong in your 720 compared to Desire 816 i suggest you dont switch. Apps and all is not a big deal at the end of the day, it's always a select few we use and get accustomed and then the crave dies with time.

imabhilash

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I switched from Lumia 1320 to Desire 816. Only because I just didnt love the camera and volume of songs of that. Apart from that I am missing windows in every aspect. the Smoothness is awesome no doubt but in two years the smoothness will go for sure. WP phones will remain smooth till the end of its life. So if you dont have anything convincingly strong in your 720 compared to Desire 816 i suggest you dont switch. Apps and all is not a big deal at the end of the day, it's always a select few we use and get accustomed and then the crave dies with time.

thanks,

thats what i was expecting from long time (time from i entered this ?), even i was thinking the way you explaining. all of my friend are using android phones, most of them facing mail receiving problems, some of them have to obtain some settings and still they havent solve their problem...

User Interface of WP is really simple, nothing complicated...

thanks , many thanks...

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
thanks,

thats what i was expecting from long time (time from i entered this ?), even i was thinking the way you explaining. all of my friend are using android phones, most of them facing mail receiving problems, some of them have to obtain some settings and still they havent solve their problem...

User Interface of WP is really simple, nothing complicated...

thanks , many thanks...

All Major (& official) email apps are available on Android.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs