Hi! WP over Android. Help me [720,G,620]

MikeLuna

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I've been reading WP Central for about three years now, but I just registered. It's great to be here!

I've had a Lumia 710 for nearly two years, and I think the time to upgrade it's near. I been thinking about a Lumia 620 (325USD=4200MXN) or a Lumia 720 (400USD=5200MXN). However, the Moto G seems very tempting, at 270 USD = 3500 MXN.

282.jpg

I've loved Windows Phone since the early times, when I meet the LG Optimus 7, and I thought "If only Nokia made one of those", and well, the rest is history. I had feature phones [all Nokia, since the 282] and now wanted a proper smartphone. I bought it even when I knew it wouldn't be upgradable to WP8, mainly because I needed a phone in that exact moment, I hated all the Android Hardware, and because WP8 kept being delayed. Anyway, the first WP8 device from Nokia was the 920 & 820. I don't have the money to buy a top spec device, and I'm fine with that.

For me, important things are:
  • Battery : I hate the fact that I have to charge my 710 two or three times a day.
  • Camera: As a Civil Engineer student, I need to take many photos of schematics and whiteboards
  • Flash: I use it as a flashlight, haha.
  • Quality. Moto G seems build to last. I played with a friend's 720 almost everyday, and I'm not too convinced [with WP8.0]

Also I've been using Microsoft cloud services, I prefer them over Google's. I'm conflicted. But now we have Office and OneDrive for Android devices.

Should I remain with Windows Phone or give the G a chance? The G is the only Android device I could consider right now.
Any suggestions?

BSS31RmCMAANmtA.jpg

Thanks!:eek:rly:
mike

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
First off, Welcome, Mike ...

I don't know where you're getting your prices (those seem very high for the Lumias), nor the bands supported by Mexican wireless networks, but, an unlocked Nokia Lumia 920 is going for approx $200 USD on eBay. This would be (much) better than the 620 or 720, even though an older device (the 920 is still higher spec'd).

When shopping on eBay, due your due diligence (check feedback) on the seller, email communication is binding & if you can, pay with PayPal.

Good Luck w your shopping / decision.

MikeLuna

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Thank you.

I'm getting the prices directly from the Nokia webpage, and my carrier, Telcel.

200 USD for a 920? That sounds awesome! My carrier is selling them off-contract for almost 770 USD. 200USD only gets you a Lumia 520 over here. Maybe I'll give eBay a try. Thanks!

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi Mike, and welcome to our family.
I want to say that having a Windows phone will let you be a part of the history, WP still in development, everyday new apps, new news about the next updates... So using WP is better

SammyD_L625

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
First off, Welcome, Mike ...

I don't know where you're getting your prices (those seem very high for the Lumias), nor the bands supported by Mexican wireless networks, but, an unlocked Nokia Lumia 920 is going for approx $200 USD on eBay. This would be (much) better than the 620 or 720, even though an older device (the 920 is still higher spec'd).

When shopping on eBay, due your due diligence (check feedback) on the seller, email communication is binding & if you can, pay with PayPal.

Good Luck w your shopping / decision.

His prices match South African prices as well. If that weren't the case WP would have a much larger market share here and it would be high end devices. Welcome Mike.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes