Why Windows Phone not Android?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
512 RAM isn't bad for most purposes, its not going to work with some fancy apps (but they are few and far between) and its fancy 3D games that won't work.
I would recommend looking at the 620 (the 630 is more of a sidegrade to the 620), the 520 is bottom-of-the-bargain-bin, but its not what you're looking for.

The 1320 is a fine option if you could live with the size. I wouldn't be able to, but on paper, its a reasonably powerful mid-range device.

Android is often percieved as superior and WP bad. A misconception. But either one isn't for everyone, know that.

Also worth noting that some Samsung ATIV phones might be a good option. They're generally underrated in these parts, but they can potentially be found for a good price.

ive not come across any apps which lag on 512mb as such
a few games yes but they cannot even be installed on a 512mb device through the ota store method
i can play asphalt 8 on my 720 off my 32gb class 4 sandisk microsd card without a single bit of lag or stutter

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
There are over 150'000 apps in the app store, and only a few dozen of them don't run on 512MB devices. AFAIK they are all games. Decide for yourself how important that is. Lumia 525 and 1320 both have 1GB of RAM.

I'd also vote for a 925 (not sure if affordable).

+10000 perfectly proves my point

AlexSkeala

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
im using an l920 and its great. 1gb ram 32gb memory battery is great 4.5 display and the camera is great as well. and i think it is in your price range. i got it for about 200$ from ebay.

And the apps problem, android has 1000000000000 apps but they have 10-15 facebook apps 10-15 whats-app apps and so on. what u need, u have on wp store i guarantee it.

ps. i didnt have a nice time with any of android handsets wich i got in my hands.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Android kitkat removed the apps to sd feature. Windows Phone has this feature in 8.1. So you have practically unlimited storage,ie the higher capacity memory card you buy, the more storage you get for apps. Hypothetically you can have upto 136GB I'd storage on the Lumia 520,525,620,625,630,720,820,1320 and 160GB on the Lumia 1520. Unlike iPhone which has a fixed capacity storage and is ridiculously overpriced, such that only hipsters and fools buy it for 'status' apparently, you have a wide range of options with WP.

Em Atul

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
No buddy l920 is about $400...which i cnt manage.... And exactly i also go through many times with my android handset on google play i search one thing but they show bundles of app in which we have to find out orignal one others are just like making fool of others.. Wp is better if it doesnt show these type of stupid things

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
720 is best in price. Good camera. Glance screen. Of yeah some it has wireless charging feature. Altough you need buy wireless charging pad for it

Anyway it's great. 512 mb of ram can handle most of social apps for good. And run games like aspalt 8 nicely
Well all memory demand games can't be instaled on 512mb of ram e.g GTA san andreas. So don't worry about performance

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Android kitkat removed the apps to sd feature. Windows Phone has this feature in 8.1. So you have practically unlimited storage,ie the higher capacity memory card you buy, the more storage you get for apps. Hypothetically you can have upto 136GB I'd storage on the Lumia 520,525,620,625,630,720,820,1320 and 160GB on the Lumia 1520. Unlike iPhone which has a fixed capacity storage and is ridiculously overpriced, such that only hipsters and fools buy it for 'status' apparently, you have a wide range of options with WP.

im personally not a fan of the iphone however saying only hipsters and fools buying it is a massive understatement, my own grandad uses a 5s and a lumia 720 and hates android because its complicated and poorly made
i agree most of our gen people in our country buy it for status but not all people buy it with that intent
people buy it to complete the apple ecosystem as well and also because it performs better for a layman than android
compared to windows phone,id say windows phone is a perfect mix of ios and android , taking the best of both along with its own unique additions and features from older successful os's like symbian,windows mobile,palm and bbos and is certainly the most value for money phone compared to both ios and android

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
No buddy l920 is about $400...which i cnt manage.... And exactly i also go through many times with my android handset on google play i search one thing but they show bundles of app in which we have to find out orignal one others are just like making fool of others.. Wp is better if it doesnt show these type of stupid things

lumia 920 is available for 20000 on flipkart and 18000 locally so it does fit your budget , though id opt against it because it lacks an sd card slot and is heavy(for my preference) so i got its smaller brother-the lumia 720,great battery life,camera,same unibody design,lighter etc
i love the 920 too but it wasnt my taste exactly,still a great phone though and is also sturdier ive heard

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss