Is the 1520 still the top of the line Lumia?

Tw4T

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Just a quick question, as of Today, is the 1520 still the top of the range flagship Nokia (msPhone) ? If so, has a newer model (top of the line) been confirmed for release and if so what will it be? If not, what is the model that knocked the 1520 off its purch? Tia for answering what may sound like a very anal question (although not meant to be).

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It and the 930/Icon are the two top-of-the-line phones, differing in design, display size, and battery.

But in terms of horsepower, the two are the same. Higher end models are bound to appear soon, but other than codenames of phones in the works, we have no official word on future flagships.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it that bad in comparison? I have not used an icon, but I am a bit jealous of my wife's S4 Super Amoled screen - it so colorful and whites are not as bluish like previous generations. I like the IPS 1520 display, but sometimes I haggle to get the brightness quite right for movies. Cyan may cure some of this with brightness sliders for each brightness setting (low, medium, high that are supposed to come.

Nope, its not horrid. Probably something you would want to see for yourself. But its no way horrid.

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Is it that bad in comparison? I have not used an icon, but I am a bit jealous of my wife's S4 Super Amoled screen - it so colorful and whites are not as bluish like previous generations. I like the IPS 1520 display, but sometimes I haggle to get the brightness quite right for movies. Cyan may cure some of this with brightness sliders for each brightness setting (low, medium, high that are supposed to come.

You try maximize color saturation of your display using lumia color profile, but it will not bright as same as Samsung's super amoled :)

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing horrible about AMOLED, you will be amazed by the bright colors it can produce, I actually prefer it sometimes. I understand why some people would prefer other screen technologies, but calling it horrible is just untrue, it definitely has its strong points.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium