what if i have two phones with same microsoft account

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
im planning to buy a new mobile so what will be the problem if my old devices and my new device have same microsoft account..........will there be any problems

Last edited:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Your contacts , photos , apps will be synced. With windows phone 8.1 it will sync your start screen , settings , internet explorer history /saved passwords but you can disabled them on your device.

poststamp

May 29, 2014
Visit site
No problemsat all, i have 3 lumia's running the same account. Email, sms, everything syncs normal. Paid apps run on all of them without a problem, download and pay on 1 Phone, download on the other and click : buy, and the store won't charge you twice.

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
No problemsat all, i have 3 lumia's running the same account. Email, sms, everything syncs normal. Paid apps run on all of them without a problem, download and pay on 1 Phone, download on the other and click : buy, and the store won't charge you twice.

Your contacts , photos , apps will be synced. With windows phone 8.1 it will sync your start screen , settings , internet explorer history /saved passwords but you can disabled them on your device.

but im asking what are the issues if two phones with same account are being used by two different persons??????

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I guess you could say that other person will have access to the same email account and synced contacts. Also that person may also be able to purchase apps, music etc if there are any financial info stored on said account.

Richard Culverhouse

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps a silly question, but why don't you get your girlfriend her own account? It isn't exactly difficult to create them lol.
Then just reset the phone you give her and log into her account.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Also texts and themes will be synced (that was a bit shocking the first time it happened when phones start screen suddenly shifted to a light theme)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs