Windows search filter draining SP3 Battery--how do I fix it?

W

WPCentral Question

Every time i start my SP3, my task manager is showing windows search filter taking up 30 percent of my cpu usage. I'm getting a little over three hours of battery life. I have about 50,000 items indexed. And I've seen indexing complete on several occasions. I've also tried to turn off indexing while on battery setting in the policies feature, but that isn't working. Any ideas?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I was looking around and found this: http://www.ehow.com/about_6507773_microsoft-windows-search-filter-host_.html

ehow said:
While Search Filter Host is a legitimate and harmless Windows process, some users have reported that it can use almost all of a computer's resources.

To fix this issue, Microsoft support engineers recommend to first rebuild the search index (link to procedure in Resources) to see if that solves the problem. If not, boot your computer in safe mode and see if the problem persists. Finally, perform a clean boot (link on how in Resources) to try to identify which application or driver might interfere with Search Filter Host. Another action you can take is to perform a full-system scan of your machine with a reputable antivirus application. Finally, if you are still experiencing this issue, try stopping the Windows Search process manually using Windows' Services Manager, rebooting your computer and restarting the process.

Might be worth trying some of those steps. I hope it fixes your issue

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb