lumia 625 and WhatsApp query

huggy121

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I currently have a samsung galaxy s2 on a contract which ends at the end of this month, June. I do not want to be tied in to another contract for 2 years so am looking for a good budget sim free phone. I would like to get away from android phones so was looking at the Lumia 625. It ticks all the boxes for me. Would like some user opinions on the Lumia 625, good, bad or in different.
I also went to Carphone Warehouse and Phones 4 U and they warned me that Windows Phones or Microsoft are unable to use WhatsApp at the moment as it is unavailable to download. Is this correct?? I use whatsapp a lot and have now put off buying the Lumia 625 until I can get more information on the whatsapp situation and opinions on the phone.

Hope you guys can help.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
The Whatsapp issue was a couple of weeks ago and is resolved. Either they haven't bothered checking or they are telling porkie pies to make you buy something you don't want, which in either shop wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

The 625 isn't too bad - I've got it's 3G cousin the 620 and it's a good little phone - I can't fault it in any way (except the battery). Only real differences between the two (aside from the 3G and 4G), are the 625 has an FM radio (the 620 has NFC instead), and higher capacity battery (2000mA, compared to the paltry 1300 or so in the 620).

I would say go with the 625.

JasoX

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Got the 625 and I have Whatsapp on it and it works as it should. If someone would tell me something like that, I would not hesitate going back to the store and speak to the manager and complain about it. I'm sure that CPW has a fair policy; in other words, they need to treat all the same, they can't tell bs about one brand and makes because they prefer the other.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs