Smartphone Compact Camera WiFi remote Windows phones are not compatible.

David Parsels

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I recently began shopping for a new compact digital camera. I am looking at the nikon s9700. The panasonic dmczs40, and the sony dschx50v. I learned that each of these cameras has the ability to be controlled remotely through wifi with a smartphone. However none of these devices is compatible with Windows Phone. They are only compatible with ios or android phones.

My lumia 920 has almost run the course of its useful life. So i am also starting to think about a replacement for this phone. Up to this point I have never had a second thought about changing to another type of phone. But since windows phones are not compatible with these cameras it has me thinking of at least looking at the android phones.

Are there any plans in the future for Windows Phone comparability with the WiFi and remote control of any of these or any other compact cameras?

Thanks

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Don't give up on Windows Phone. Improvements to the system are being made all the time. Also, what's to stop you (apart from common sense) from, as I do, using a Windows AND an Android?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

David Parsels

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
"what's to stop you (apart from common sense) from, as I do, using a Windows AND an Android"

Well I have no need for two phones. Thank you for the reply though. I have asked before about slow motion playback on WP video with a very similar reply. I don't understand why issues such as these have not been addressed already by WP. I guess the latest useless game app will always draw more attention.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenneatler