Nokia Lumia 1520 Screen Spots when hit from back

W

WPCentral Question

Hi All,

Please provide your valuable inputs in the matter related to screen issue that i am facing with my beloved Lumia 1520, my first windows phone.
Few days back, after attending a call, when i put down the phone it was dropped on the table from a distance of 2 inches..and I instantly notices two flashing white dots in form of a star on top side of phone, on both sides.
When I deliberately bang the top end of phone from a distance of 2 inches again, I again saw those flashing white star dots on screen.
The color changes to black when the background is white and it is also visible on glance screen.

Now please advise, if this is an issue related to hardware or software? Does anyone else has faced similar condition? Should I visit Nokia care and have the service people a look at the issue.
The phone behaves normally otherwise, apart from the touch sensitivity issues that is faced globally..!!!

Thank you for your valuable inputs..!!!

Regards- Niraj

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm it appears that there might be some damage to the screen from what I can tell. I don't think this would be software related. If this is constantly visible I would definitely try visiting Nokia Care to see what they can do for you. If the screen issue is only visible when you hit the top end of the phone with force then I would not worry about this at all.

Hope this was helpful!

Last edited:

nirraj

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the inputs. Yes, they are visible only when I let the phone fall freely from a distance of 1-2 inches. But when I hold the phone while hitting the top end, the spots don't appear. Strange how things are..but I still would like to believe that the phone is good and there is no need to visit the Service centers..Who knows, even if they replace, I might end up using a refurbished unit...!!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'll be honest, I think you are just being too rough on the phone. Its like taking my car to the dealer and saying "hey every time I pop a curb in my Mazda 3, I hear a loud thump and cracking noise. I think my car is defective!"

Most phones aren't designed to be dropped after each use. And yes, if Nokia were to actually do something for this, they would likely give you a refurbished unit.

nirraj

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I'll be honest, I think you are just being too rough on the phone. Its like taking my car to the dealer and saying "hey every time I pop a curb in my Mazda 3, I hear a loud thump and cracking noise. I think my car is defective!"

Most phones aren't designed to be dropped after each use. And yes, if Nokia were to actually do something for this, they would likely give you a refurbished unit.
Hahahaha... I guess that might be correct.. The phone are for entertainment and not to be dropped..!!! Will continue with this marvelous piece untill i get the best out of it..!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12