So is instagram just going to always suck?

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Instagram on windows phone just sucks. 6tag seems to be the best offering for instagram and even that's not that great. Are we ever going to get an instagram app where we can actually load our own videos or can I just expect that to be near impossible for Microsoft to achieve on the windows phone platform?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Are we ever going to get an instagram app where we can actually load our own videos or can I just expect that to be near impossible for Microsoft to achieve on the windows phone platform?

This is probably at least part of the reason, which should not be an issue anymore when WP8.1 drops.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have 8.1 preview and it still is not fixed.

The app would need to be updated as well to use the new APIs.

Please note that I am not a developer and I don't know how it all works. I just know that so far WP OS restrictions have been at least part of the reason for apps with less functionality than their iOS & Android counterparts. I suspect that's the case here as well.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
The app would need to be updated as well to use the new APIs.

Please note that I am not a developer and I don't know how it all works. I just know that so far WP OS restrictions have been at least part of the reason for apps with less functionality than their iOS & Android counterparts. I suspect that's the case here as well.
It's one thing for instagram beta to suck but it's another proven when Microsoft is preventing other app makes from making a complete app.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
What is really amazing, they said 2013 was the year of getting the apps, and 2014 was the year of making them better. HAH so much for that.

saBBfanBoy

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
And the image quality sucks so bad. My awesome looking pictures always come out a bit blurry once I've uploaded them on Instagram.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
And the image quality sucks so bad. My awesome looking pictures always come out a bit blurry once I've uploaded them on Instagram.

It's the app. If you view the instagram post another platform or looks fine.

That, and where are all the extra features like editing present in the android app. You can also adjust the opacity of each filter. I'm surprised that 6tag hasn't implemented that yet.

mesamit

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
so you blame Microsoft for developers being lazy............so much for hatred.........here only instagram developers is to blame not Microsoft....

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
It's the app. If you view the instagram post another platform it looks fine.

That, and where are all the extra features like editing present in the android app. You can also adjust the opacity of each filter. I'm surprised that 6tag hasn't implemented that yet.

Arka1412

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
so you blame Microsoft for developers being lazy............so much for hatred.........here only instagram developers is to blame not Microsoft....
Microsoft is also to be blamed as their OS is limited..Maximum apps dont have the full fledged activity because of the OS restriction..U want example? ok True caller cannot implement incoming caller id because of the OS limitation..No apps can access to video(except whatsapp) and audio files because of the OS limitation..So u tell Who needs to be blamed?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss