Instagram on windows phone just sucks. 6tag seems to be the best offering for instagram and even that's not that great. Are we ever going to get an instagram app where we can actually load our own videos or can I just expect that to be near impossible for Microsoft to achieve on the windows phone platform?
    06-24-2014 08:32 AM
    As long as instagram is in beta, yeah, you can depend on seeing some level of "suckage".
    06-24-2014 08:39 AM
    [...] or can I just expect that to be near impossible for Microsoft [...]
    Are you kidding me? Are you really blaming Microsoft for the laziness of Zuckerberg's software developers?
    06-24-2014 08:55 AM
    Are we ever going to get an instagram app where we can actually load our own videos or can I just expect that to be near impossible for Microsoft to achieve on the windows phone platform?
    This is probably at least part of the reason, which should not be an issue anymore when WP8.1 drops.
    06-24-2014 09:18 AM
    Are you kidding me? Are you really blaming Microsoft for the laziness of Zuckerberg's software developers?
    From what I understand Microsoft does not allow apps enough access on windows phone for third-party developers to create a great app so yes I'm blaming Microsoft.
    06-24-2014 09:33 AM
    This is probably at least part of the reason, which should not be an issue anymore when WP8.1 drops.
    I have 8.1 preview and it still is not fixed.
    06-24-2014 09:33 AM
    I have 8.1 preview and it still is not fixed.
    The app would need to be updated as well to use the new APIs.

Please note that I am not a developer and I don't know how it all works. I just know that so far WP OS restrictions have been at least part of the reason for apps with less functionality than their iOS & Android counterparts. I suspect that's the case here as well.
    06-24-2014 09:59 AM
    The app would need to be updated as well to use the new APIs.

Please note that I am not a developer and I don't know how it all works. I just know that so far WP OS restrictions have been at least part of the reason for apps with less functionality than their iOS & Android counterparts. I suspect that's the case here as well.
    It's one thing for instagram beta to suck but it's another proven when Microsoft is preventing other app makes from making a complete app.
    06-24-2014 12:16 PM
    How it's it they can build the surface pro 3 but can't fix something as basic as instagram beta!
    06-24-2014 12:17 PM
    What is really amazing, they said 2013 was the year of getting the apps, and 2014 was the year of making them better. HAH so much for that.
    06-24-2014 12:21 PM
    And the image quality sucks so bad. My awesome looking pictures always come out a bit blurry once I've uploaded them on Instagram.
    06-24-2014 12:21 PM
    I think Instagram is waiting for their 1 year BETA anniversary. Don't expect much from them, they suck big time.
    06-24-2014 12:34 PM
    I'm not even hating on instagram. This seems to be all Microsoft fault. It makes no sense why not even 6tag can be great because Microsoft is limiting them.
    06-24-2014 01:32 PM
    Wonder how long its going to take to get 6tag or instagrame accounts showing n the people hub!
    06-24-2014 01:43 PM
    Wonder how long its going to take to get 6tag or instagrame accounts showing n the people hub!
    Seems like basic stuff getting over looked.
    blue1k likes this.
    06-24-2014 02:37 PM
    All we can do is wait!
    Sent from the Black Wonder using Tapatalk
    06-25-2014 09:35 AM
    And the image quality sucks so bad. My awesome looking pictures always come out a bit blurry once I've uploaded them on Instagram.
    It's the app. If you view the instagram post another platform or looks fine.

That, and where are all the extra features like editing present in the android app. You can also adjust the opacity of each filter. I'm surprised that 6tag hasn't implemented that yet.
    06-25-2014 09:41 AM
    so you blame Microsoft for developers being lazy............so much for hatred.........here only instagram developers is to blame not Microsoft....
    Jazmac likes this.
    06-25-2014 09:42 AM
    It's the app. If you view the instagram post another platform it looks fine.

That, and where are all the extra features like editing present in the android app. You can also adjust the opacity of each filter. I'm surprised that 6tag hasn't implemented that yet.
    06-25-2014 09:42 AM
    so you blame Microsoft for developers being lazy............so much for hatred.........here only instagram developers is to blame not Microsoft....
    Microsoft is also to be blamed as their OS is limited..Maximum apps dont have the full fledged activity because of the OS restriction..U want example? ok True caller cannot implement incoming caller id because of the OS limitation..No apps can access to video(except whatsapp) and audio files because of the OS limitation..So u tell Who needs to be blamed?
    06-25-2014 10:02 AM
    I would blame the developer but Microsoft is blocking every developer from making a decent instagram app.
    06-25-2014 11:19 AM
    Microsoft is also to be blamed as their OS is limited..Maximum apps dont have the full fledged activity because of the OS restriction..U want example? ok True caller cannot implement incoming caller id because of the OS limitation..No apps can access to video(except whatsapp) and audio files because of the OS limitation..So u tell Who needs to be blamed?
    Limits or restrictions? I'd call them restrictions as long as WP is tied to the Windows Operating system. They don't want to expose the core to hackers. But I also wonder this, even with its restrictions, is this platform simply harder to write for than IOS and android? I'd wager a guess that even despite its limitations, the answer is probably yes. And if it is yes, is that answer yes because developers on other platforms can simply toss all caution to the wind on IOS and android like you cannot in this environment?
    06-27-2014 12:05 AM
    Apps have access to pictures but don't have access to videos. How does that deter hackers?
    06-27-2014 07:20 AM