Is it possible to enable navigation bar on hardware with softtouch keyes (L920)

mottle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I recently had to change the digitizer of my Lumia 920 because of broken glass. On the new panel the back key as well as long press of any key doesn't work. I don't know I damaged already the new digitizer or its just was sub-standard goods at arrival, but I was thinking if it just would be possible to activate the new navigation bar of 8.1 on my Lumia 920. Does anyone know if this is possible. I don't want to order an other digitizer glass

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It could be very much possible but not at moment since this is exclusive to Lumia 630/635 at moment. In future if someone release a jailbreak , hack for windows phone 8.1 then it could be possible to so via simple registry hack :wink:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not possible now, but I personally have doubts it could work properly on devices with normal buttons since the 630's have a taller display to accommodate the buttons while current devices don't. I don't know how apps will handle the potential less-than-standard screen space.

mottle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
In future if someone release a jailbreak ,

Yea, I don't think I can wait that long. I never realized how much important the back button for Windows Phone is. Its just to painful to use without.
I just was hoping that there is some kind of hidden setting (like this USB settings that are just accessible from the global phone search)......But i'll try to reset the phone before I'll go for another digitizer glass.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss