Imap syncing

ErkaErka

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I've added my personal email account as a imap account in the email app on WP8.1 and I've done the same on Outlook 2013 on the desktop. But read receipts doesn't sync. If I read a email on my desktop it appears as unread on my phone and the other way around. But if I read the same email on another computer in Outlook or on a Android tablet it shows up as read on my desktop.

Is this a bug in WP?

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
In Outlook 2013, it maintains a live connection with the IMAP server. In WP, it simply retrieves messages from the server so it will not show up as read immediately, only whenever it syncs. As belodion suggested, try refreshing which would force a sync. As for the Android tablet, it depends on the app being used. If it is maintaining a live connection with the IMAP server, it would behave like Outlook 2013.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, IMAP (and POP3) is a bit dated. I haven't used it in several years. It's possible that the built in client just doesn't support the read/unread tags. Have you tried a third party e-mail client? MetroMail seems to have a good number of features for IMAP. Maybe that will work?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs