Dont you feel that the Betalabs "Lumia Storage check" app need to be standard future in WP8.1.

binnyandrews

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Dont you feel that the Betalabs "Lumia Storage check" app need to be standard future in WP8.1.

If your WP device has an SD card, this app is capable of storing your offline maps to SD card, it saved me downloading the maps again when i had to hard reset the device. My maps consists of 1GB. Saving the data cost!!

What is your opinion?

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Dont you feel that the Betalabs "Lumia Storage check" app need to be standard future in WP8.1.

Do phones with an SD slot have the option to store maps on SD via storage sense? Hard to tell if that option exists on my 1020.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Dont you feel that the Betalabs "Lumia Storage check" app need to be standard future in WP8.1.

Absolutely, but there are a million things that also fall into that category. The Nokia Video Upload app being one example (as a workaround for the previously missing WP file picker). Then we have stuff like:

Nokia Maps vs. Maps + Local Scout
Nokia Camera vs. default Camera
Nokia Mapping Data + POIs vs. MS Mapping Data + POIs
Nokia WP developer support vs. MS WP developer support
etc
etc
etc

There were a lot of projects that duplicated each others efforts at Nokia and MS. IMHO the OS is a bit of a mess right now due to those redundancies. I hope MS uses WP9 to do a thorough spring cleaning.

binnyandrews

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site

It is not the storage sense. There is an app called "Lumia Storage Sense beta"
With that app it is possible to save your maps to SD card. If you need to hard reset, you maps will be still available in SD card.wp_ss_20140625_0001.png

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

It is not the storage sense. There is an app called "Lumia Storage Sense beta"
With that app it is possible to save your maps to SD card. If you need to hard reset, you maps will be still available in SD card.View attachment 70219

Yes, I understand that. I have used that app before. I was asking if storage sense in 8.1 allowed you to do the same thing. I don't see the option but that is probably due to my hardware. If it does have that function, than Lumia storage check will probably get the axe.

binnyandrews

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site

Yes, I understand that. I have used that app before. I was asking if storage sense in 8.1 allowed you to do the same thing. I don't see the option but that is probably due to my hardware. If it does have that function, than Lumia storage check will probably get the axe.

Storage sense does not have sense to do this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs