Opinions about my battery problem???

curiousclaude

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
HELLLO GUYS!!! I'M A FIRST TIME SMARTPHONE USER! SO YEAH, haha, i'm sorta a newbie when it comes to this. so i just bought a new lumia 1520 last june 15. now i've watched reviews of the lumia 1520 saying that the battery is great. but mine only lasts an entire day with 15% remaining at the end of the day with only moderate usage, heavy music use, brightness set to low, no wifi and no data usage whatsoever. is that the way it really is or is my expectations just greater than what the battery's capacity seems to be? i hope i could read some of your opinions guys!! :D

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
HELLLO GUYS!!! I'M A FIRST TIME SMARTPHONE USER! SO YEAH, haha, i'm sorta a newbie when it comes to this. so i just bought a new lumia 1520 last june 15. now i've watched reviews of the lumia 1520 saying that the battery is great. but mine only lasts an entire day with 15% remaining at the end of the day with only moderate usage, heavy music use, brightness set to low, no wifi and no data usage whatsoever. is that the way it really is or is my expectations just greater than what the battery's capacity seems to be? i hope i could read some of your opinions guys!! :D

Questions :
- WinPhone 8.0 or 8.1 Dev Preview ?
- heavy music use obviously from music stored on your phone / SDcard (NOT streaming) since you mention NO WiFi / data usage - what app are you using ?
- is Bluetooth OFF ?
- is NFC OFF ?
- background apps / syncing email (if data is off, battery will drain), anything attempting to update itself ? (check Settings >> Applications >> Background on WinPhone 8.0)
- are you using the stock charger or aftermarket ?
- perform a soft reset (hold power button until vibration ~~ 10 seconds) NO data loss ! You may have an app running away in the background
- recommend Powering OFF your device @ least once a week - does some fixing

greenspot

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Considering your lumia is new, that might be normal on the very first week
Sent from my RM-892_im_mea3_230 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077