Sync Outlook with Nokia Lumia Windows Phone

W

WPCentral Question

How do I sync Outlook calendar directly to my Nokia Lumia phone? I am looking for an easy, accurate and reliable option without going through the cloud. I would prefer something wireless, if that's possible. (I'm not on Exchange.)

I did check Microsoft's tech support -- it says to go through Hotmail, Windows Live or Outlook.com. I don't want to go through those services and manual importing isn't an option. Everything I've read says that Microsoft Phone won't directly sync with Outlook on a PC. Seriously?

SammyD_L625

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Go to settings>email+accounts>then manually sync your microsoft account. This should sync your calendar unless you using a dummy account with your phone. My phone syncs with my windows 8 pc (including Calender) with no problem.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Give this program a try. Many WP users have had a lot of success with AkrutoSync. It syncs perfectly with Outlook for calendar, contacts and tasks. Love it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The trend with smartphones these days is moving away from single PC sync to cloud syncing, so without the use of third-party tools (which I hope works for you) its increasingly simple or not there.

iOS does it through iTunes, older OSes like PalmOS and Windows Mobile did it, but webOS didn't, Windows Phone doesn't out of the box, same with Android, at least the couple ROMs I had experience with.

So it might be more of a pain going forward.

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
The cloud is an amazing solution but I like a company who can give me option and not force me to do everything how they want or need, I really believe that the most logical thing is if you buy a Windows Phone have to Sync easily way with Outlook or Outlook Express in your PC and easier than Iphone or Androit. I'm a Telecom Engineer and if the most simple MS Windows Phone App is not able to do it could be the First disappointment for me after I have changed my Iphone 5s for the Nokia. In my opinion to use a MS account have to be an Option.

davemorris2

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I cannot believe that there has not been a simple answer since this was posted. Does anyone have a step by step working answer to this question? I have searched and tried various so-called answers but my windows phone still does not sync the calendar with my PC. It is unbelievable that from the simplicity of my last Nokia phone sync through the USB cable and PC Suite I am still trying to get it in sync three months after getting the phone. Please help me.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I cannot believe that there has not been a simple answer since this was posted. Does anyone have a step by step working answer to this question? I have searched and tried various so-called answers but my windows phone still does not sync the calendar with my PC. It is unbelievable that from the simplicity of my last Nokia phone sync through the USB cable and PC Suite I am still trying to get it in sync three months after getting the phone. Please help me.

Post #4 is your answer. The days of desktop syncing are basically gone. If the Outlook on your PC is tied into Exchange Active Sync (EAS), your data will migrate into your phone. Does your PC have the Outlook Connector? If not, your information is not going to sync over the internet. If it is, make sure the Calendar you use on your PC is the same on your phone. For example, the default calendar is "your name" on xxx@live.com.

ntvtxn

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Akruto works for me too. It annoyed me to no end that I couldn't sync a Windows Phone with Outlook PC. After much research (I'm Type A and organized -- so I wanted a clean sync between my calendar and contacts) and trying a few apps. Settled on Akruto and it's been good to me. It's not free, but you can try it for one week.

After doing research, I realized that sync is a complicated process. Now I understand why the Windows Phone doesn't do it. It's one of those things best left to companies that specialize in sync. There are a variety of sync solutions out there ... all have had problems because what each user installs on the phone / computer is different ... and apps sometimes interfere with sync. Just a matter of finding the right one that meets your needs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans