I purchased a Lumia 920 on eBay but its locked with at & t.my problem is that am a Zambian & I don't have many of unlocking requirements needed apart from de IMEI.am kindly asking for anyone with an account to assist me.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 06-26-2014 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Portions removed for OP,s security
    06-26-2014 03:22 AM
    OK a few things here.

First, you should never post your IMEI on a public forum.

Second, when you say it's 'locked' to AT&T do you mean if you put your SIM in it doesn't work at all or that the phone just shows AT&T in the About under carrier?

Third, you shouldn't post your question twice in the forum.
    06-26-2014 04:23 AM
    As I've advised other who bought AT&T phones:
    I cannot emphasis this enough. (assuming it was labeled as AT&T locked, if it wasn't, you may want to contact the seller)

DO NOT PURCHASE SECONDHAND AT&T-LOCKED DEVICES WITH THE INTENT TO UNLOCK OR USE OUTSIDE THE US.

AT&T as a policy does NOT unlock secondhand/used devices. Even if you were the original owner, they will require 60-days of their service on their device I believe.
    If you were to steam ahead with that specific device, unlocking via a third-party channel ranges from expensive to impossible.

The fact you're outside the USA doesn't help your problem either.

I will say the best course of action (from my point of view) is to sell it to someone who can put it to use in the US, and then obtain a different unlocked device or device locked to your carrier of choice.

Good luck, you'll need it.
    06-26-2014 06:30 AM