Lumia 820 Problems

rohit111

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I use a Lumia 820 and my friend uses a Lumia 620. Both of us have been experiencing a phone memory problem on our phones
We both have a few apps (the whole Bing Suite) Angry Birds Suite and games installed. I have downloaded tonnes of songs on Nokia MixRadio.
I have used "save new photos to sd card setting"
Despite this My free internal phone memory keeps on reducing. I havent downloaded any new music for the last two weeks. Still the nmemory reduces everyday.
When I connect my phone to my pc all the folders in my phone memory (eg. Pictures, Music) are shown as empty.
Still my internal memory isnt getting freed up.
My Temporary files usage also swells despite restarting the phone every morning. My daily usage includes Whatsapp, IE, Bing Apps and Music. I regularly delete my internet history too.
y break up of internal storage of the phone shows
2.6 GB to Media and Files
2.7 GB to Apps.
Where does this 2.7GB of Storage for media on my phone mempry come from if I have saved all music and photos on my sd card?

technogeek019

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
HI there'
This issue is not any problem with the phone or software as you see
Windows phone cannot save apps, app data, games onto the sd card and the songs which you downloaded through nokia music (I assume it to be the mixes but not individual songs) is counted as app data so it will not be saved onto the sd card. You can use the storage check app to delete temporary files but sum might be system files so they may remain. If you are concerned about the decrease of memory space then you can update the windows phone 8.1 using the developers preview. It will enable the software to save apps and its app data to the sd card and it also has tons of features and it runs quite well on the 620 and 820 (I have a 620 by the way).

frank1099

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
HI there'
This issue is not any problem with the phone or software as you see
Windows phone cannot save apps, app data, games onto the sd card and the songs which you downloaded through nokia music (I assume it to be the mixes but not individual songs) is counted as app data so it will not be saved onto the sd card. You can use the storage check app to delete temporary files but sum might be system files so they may remain. If you are concerned about the decrease of memory space then you can update the windows phone 8.1 using the developers preview. It will enable the software to save apps and its app data to the sd card and it also has tons of features and it runs quite well on the 620 and 820 (I have a 620 by the way).

I have a 620 with Amber and I wanted to update with the dev. Preview. I Just dont know how good it will run on my Phone. What do you think?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo