Nokia Lumia 925 wont charge

W

WPCentral Question

Ive had my Nokia Lumia for 12 months and the last few weeks noticed it wont charge. Or takes ages to charge sometimes over night and it is still under 20% or its often switched of and flashing. It is very frustrating Ive tried soft boot and even restoring it to factory settings and it still wohnt switch on and is often of for hours before switching on. I even brought a new charger to see if this was the problem but no still the same issues. Can anybody help me

Thanks

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
If you still have warranty, please send it in immediately to Nokia Care. The USB ports do go bad on Nokia phones and are quite difficult to fix.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Could be :
- the phone - something went wrong w charging coil (?)
- micro USB - possibly a connection loose (did it heat up / or melt the area around it)
- battery (most probable) if exposed to xtreme heat (or cold) takes a toll on the battery (or dropped)
- charger - is the new charger a cheapo, old charger (wires) coulda gone south
- where you plug it in - if you use the same outlet (probable), the outlet could be bad (get a meter on it, check what it's putting out)

I got nothing else - diagnose all this (what you can) & you may get an answer by process of elimination. Where do you stand w warranty ?

magictriangle

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Since about a week ago, i've had this same problem off and on. In addition to not charging, the cell signal completely cut out for a full day, so i restored to factory settings. Still have the off and on slow to no charging problem though.

Sara Carvosso

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I did have a time where the phone heated up and was really hot one night, the charger is a apparently genuine one from ebay. I have tried different plugs/ sockets all the same very slow thanks for your help

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If you still have warranty, please send it in immediately to Nokia Care. The USB ports do go bad on Nokia phones and are quite difficult to fix.

I didn't know that. Is it a longstanding problem? If so, you'd think they would have redesigned.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786