My Nokia Lumia 520 hasn't updated to Windows Phone 8.1

W

WPCentral Question

I'm in the UK, and yeah, apparently the windows phone 8.1 update was meant to have started rolling out from the 24th June. I've got a Nokia Lumia 520, I'm with EE, and my phone hasn't updated yet. Have been tempted to sign on with the developer preview thing but haven't been sure about whether it was worth the risk.

Any help or answers to why I haven't received the update? Cheers!

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Simples... the support lifecycle for WP8.1 started on the 24th of June. Release of the update itself is in the hands of the networks. While you can get 8.1 via the Preview, you won't get the firmware and stuff that comes with the Cyan update until it's released. Cyan also includes 8.1 so if you're not on the Preview you will get 8.1 as well - Preview people will only get the firmware side of the update that enables various cool features in the new OS.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Started rolling out yes, but not too all the phones and carriers at once. 1520, 925 are first, in Finland I think, more countries to follow, you will probably wait another month, give or take, for the official 8.1 update.
You can register a developers account and install a developer preview already though, there's plenty material on the internet on how to do that.

Availability in Europe - Nokia
here is the link where it states the update status for devices and as you can see cyan isn't even listed yet. Give it time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky